Broom News, Jerry Heller Height, Linda Jenkins Actress, Livescore Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace, If Only Lyrics Dua Lipa, Love Jones Poem Scene, Greta Thunberg School, " /> Broom News, Jerry Heller Height, Linda Jenkins Actress, Livescore Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace, If Only Lyrics Dua Lipa, Love Jones Poem Scene, Greta Thunberg School, " />
19 Oct

2001: a space odyssey full movie reddit

What am i missing, what is so special about it? That's the original part of your theory, and you don't have any evidence for it. I grappled with a lot of the same problems, having just watched the movie myself. Kubrick didn’t subscribe to any monotheistic religious creed, but he was fascinated by the vastness of the universe and humankind’s potential to create its own image of God. The OP makes a few interesting points, they've just misunderstood Nietzsche's position on the Ubermensch. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. I've made and enjoyed plenty of interpretations of movies over the years. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, News & Discussion about Major Motion Pictures, Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. A certain way we're used to a story being told. Things happen, and these things affect the plot. Disclaimer: This site does not store any files on its server. 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stanley Kubrick's sci-fi masterpiece, has been debated and dissected by viewers for decades. Definitely had amazing images, the scenes with Hal were cool, and stuff like that, but I had trouble digesting it. The thing is, unlike most science fiction movies, it's not about space ships, or space travel, or space exploration, or computers, or astronauts, or travelling through wormholes, or aliens, or technology, or any of the usual tropes. Perhaps if you could find a cinema that's screening it? "Superman" is also a bad translation, the term comes from German mountaineering and roughly translates as "The Overman". That may sound snobbish, but truly I love "normal" movies, but it just makes it hard to adapt to a different type of movie. It's worth mentioning the movie wasn't initially well accepted; only later in years critics decided it was "great". into a weird room that the aliens presume would be to his liking, seemingly under observation by the aliens as they prepare for his final form. After considering such titles as Across the Sea of Stars, Jupiter Window, Planetfall, and Farewell to Earth, Kubrick landed on 2001: A Space Odyssey as a reference to Homer’s epic poem, The Odyssey. Widely regarded as one of the finest films of all time, Kubrick’s epic story of man’s quest for knowledge takes us from pre-history to the very limits of space and time. ... help Reddit App Reddit coins Reddit premium Reddit gifts. The stargate sequence represents the fertilisation process. Can you watch 2001 (50th anniversary ed) in 4k on YouTube or Amazon? What I'm saying is, we're used to a movie that balances these to tell an immediate story--here's what happens to these characters. What is a movie? 21 comments. A revolutionary film is revolutionary not because it proclaims itself to be so, but because of some actual revolutionary content. If you do, it is one of the great SF movies of all time. So, humanity finds another monolith on the moon (presumably the next "marker" this alien has left--once we're able to make it to the moon it believes us ready for the next step), and it broadcasts a signal out towards jupiter. Personally, my initial impression was "what a monotone thing this is" too. The room is decorated with Renaissance art. The trick to enjoying and appreciating the movie 2001 is to read the book first, then watch the movie. Now yes, most of his films before 2001 are still masterpieces, such as The Killing, Paths of Glory, Lolita, Dr Strangelove… but the films that followed 2001 are something different. 86. I think b) may have been the primary factor, i.e. I think he’s smart. 2001: A Space Odyssey 1968 7+ 2h 28m Sci-Fi & Fantasy While investigating the appearance of mysterious monoliths throughout the universe, two astronauts … A troubled man runs away to Mexico and is recruited to join a paramilitary group of teens fighting the drug cartels. He's currently in pre-production on his first feature film, Hunting Trip, and has been for a while because filmmaking is expensive.

Broom News, Jerry Heller Height, Linda Jenkins Actress, Livescore Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace, If Only Lyrics Dua Lipa, Love Jones Poem Scene, Greta Thunberg School,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )