Editor at Cageside Press, Jay has been covering the sport of mixed martial arts for several years. Shevchenko has competed twice in every full calendar year she’s been on the UFC roster and indicated she’s eager to get back in the Octagon as soon as possible, joking that she would like to fight again “tomorrow.”. 8 in EA's UFC 4, can climb by beating ratings adjuster Daniel Cormier, UFC 251: Why Alexander Volkanovski's title defense may hinge on MMA's latest fad, Nunes dominates Spencer to retain featherweight title, Nunes overpowers Spencer to defend UFC title. McGregor won the UFC featherweight and lightweight belts, but never defended either. I would love to fight anyone from them.”. Essentially, once she made her exit from the sport to WWE, her successors had big shoes to fill. And if there is a rematch, it is typically fully warranted by fight fans. Especially with that fight against Cris [Cyborg],” she said. © 2020 Cageside Press, except where indicated, UFC 250: Amanda Nunes Dismisses Idea of Dropping to Flyweight, TUF 27 Winner Brad Katona On Why He Didn’t Sign With…, CES 61’s Fabio Cherant Looking to Punch Ticket to the UFC…, Bellator 249: Saad Awad Learned a Lesson or Two from Daley…, Bellator 249: Christian Edwards on Meeting Expectations, and Corey Anderson’s Glass…, Bellator 249: Da’Mon Blackshear Aims to Finish Mike Kimbel in Second…, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: New-Look Brian Ortega Outclasses Korean Zombie, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Jessica Andrade Stops Katlyn Chookagian With…, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Jimmy Crute Flattens Modestas Bukauskas, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: James Krause Plays Matador Against Claudio…, A History of Vasyl Lomachenko Teasing Crossover to Mixed Martial Arts, UFC Fight Island 6: Ortega and Zombie Battle for a Title…, Welcome to the UFC: Guram Kutateladze and Mateusz Gamrot, After Cornerman’s False Positive for COVID-19, Heinisch Back On UFC 250, UFC 250’s Cody Garbrandt Excited to Climb the Rankings Again: “Once a Hunter, Always a Hunter”, Amanda Nunes Sticking to Featherweight, Paired With Megan Anderson at UFC 256, EA Sports to Reveal More Details on Highly Anticipated UFC 4 Game on July 11, UFC: Looking Back at the Evolution and Events of the Fourth of July Weekend, Bellator 249: “Snake” Leandro Higo Wants Title Shot or “Irish Chicken” Gallagher Next, Bellator 249’s Steve Mowry Doesn’t “Name Call,” But Scott Coker Believes He’s Ready to Level Up, TUF 27 Winner Brad Katona On Why He Didn’t Sign With Bellator, UFC: Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jamie Pickett Set for December 19, UFC: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Viviane Araujo Targeted for January 30, Mercedes Terrell Discusses Start With Bellator MMA, Moving On From Promotion, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Said Nurmagomedov Rips Through Mark Striegl.

135, 145 for me works pretty well.”. That’s why I just want to continue defending my belt, but I’m not discarding any opportunities in the future.

Gone South Origin, And Then Comes Summer Summary, Wu-tang Clan Symbol, Jimmy Jean-louis Net Worth 2020, Lil Eazy-e Height, Li-polymer Battery, Nile Band, Nc State Basketball Tickets, Nick Raynes Funeral, High Maintenance Season 4 Episode 5 Music, Tottenham Transfers 2014, Sports On Tv This Weekend, Frank Martin Piano, Will Muschamp Salary, Premier League Transfers 2020/21, The Gift Original Singer, Shelter Phone Number, Arsenal Vs Newcastle 2002, The Proposal Streaming Online, Better Call Saul Season 5 Episode 3, What Was The 1 Song In 1983, Mgn Online Images, Chelsea Match Today, Old Santa Fe Inn, Miami Central Football Schedule, Till Death Do Us Part Game, Csk Vs Raj 2009 Scorecard, Dazn Sign In, Mack Jr Truck, Blogger So Dear, Ashley Spencer Musicals, Bedlam In A Sentence, Bastard Out Of Carolina Book, Baker Street Tv Show, Sasha Neulinger, Tarzan And The Lost Safari Full Movie, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, The Proposal Streaming Online, Gabby Logan Husband, " />

Editor at Cageside Press, Jay has been covering the sport of mixed martial arts for several years. Shevchenko has competed twice in every full calendar year she’s been on the UFC roster and indicated she’s eager to get back in the Octagon as soon as possible, joking that she would like to fight again “tomorrow.”. 8 in EA's UFC 4, can climb by beating ratings adjuster Daniel Cormier, UFC 251: Why Alexander Volkanovski's title defense may hinge on MMA's latest fad, Nunes dominates Spencer to retain featherweight title, Nunes overpowers Spencer to defend UFC title. McGregor won the UFC featherweight and lightweight belts, but never defended either. I would love to fight anyone from them.”. Essentially, once she made her exit from the sport to WWE, her successors had big shoes to fill. And if there is a rematch, it is typically fully warranted by fight fans. Especially with that fight against Cris [Cyborg],” she said. © 2020 Cageside Press, except where indicated, UFC 250: Amanda Nunes Dismisses Idea of Dropping to Flyweight, TUF 27 Winner Brad Katona On Why He Didn’t Sign With…, CES 61’s Fabio Cherant Looking to Punch Ticket to the UFC…, Bellator 249: Saad Awad Learned a Lesson or Two from Daley…, Bellator 249: Christian Edwards on Meeting Expectations, and Corey Anderson’s Glass…, Bellator 249: Da’Mon Blackshear Aims to Finish Mike Kimbel in Second…, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: New-Look Brian Ortega Outclasses Korean Zombie, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Jessica Andrade Stops Katlyn Chookagian With…, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Jimmy Crute Flattens Modestas Bukauskas, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: James Krause Plays Matador Against Claudio…, A History of Vasyl Lomachenko Teasing Crossover to Mixed Martial Arts, UFC Fight Island 6: Ortega and Zombie Battle for a Title…, Welcome to the UFC: Guram Kutateladze and Mateusz Gamrot, After Cornerman’s False Positive for COVID-19, Heinisch Back On UFC 250, UFC 250’s Cody Garbrandt Excited to Climb the Rankings Again: “Once a Hunter, Always a Hunter”, Amanda Nunes Sticking to Featherweight, Paired With Megan Anderson at UFC 256, EA Sports to Reveal More Details on Highly Anticipated UFC 4 Game on July 11, UFC: Looking Back at the Evolution and Events of the Fourth of July Weekend, Bellator 249: “Snake” Leandro Higo Wants Title Shot or “Irish Chicken” Gallagher Next, Bellator 249’s Steve Mowry Doesn’t “Name Call,” But Scott Coker Believes He’s Ready to Level Up, TUF 27 Winner Brad Katona On Why He Didn’t Sign With Bellator, UFC: Tafon Nchukwi vs. Jamie Pickett Set for December 19, UFC: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Viviane Araujo Targeted for January 30, Mercedes Terrell Discusses Start With Bellator MMA, Moving On From Promotion, UFC Fight Island 6 Results: Said Nurmagomedov Rips Through Mark Striegl.

135, 145 for me works pretty well.”. That’s why I just want to continue defending my belt, but I’m not discarding any opportunities in the future.

Gone South Origin, And Then Comes Summer Summary, Wu-tang Clan Symbol, Jimmy Jean-louis Net Worth 2020, Lil Eazy-e Height, Li-polymer Battery, Nile Band, Nc State Basketball Tickets, Nick Raynes Funeral, High Maintenance Season 4 Episode 5 Music, Tottenham Transfers 2014, Sports On Tv This Weekend, Frank Martin Piano, Will Muschamp Salary, Premier League Transfers 2020/21, The Gift Original Singer, Shelter Phone Number, Arsenal Vs Newcastle 2002, The Proposal Streaming Online, Better Call Saul Season 5 Episode 3, What Was The 1 Song In 1983, Mgn Online Images, Chelsea Match Today, Old Santa Fe Inn, Miami Central Football Schedule, Till Death Do Us Part Game, Csk Vs Raj 2009 Scorecard, Dazn Sign In, Mack Jr Truck, Blogger So Dear, Ashley Spencer Musicals, Bedlam In A Sentence, Bastard Out Of Carolina Book, Baker Street Tv Show, Sasha Neulinger, Tarzan And The Lost Safari Full Movie, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, The Proposal Streaming Online, Gabby Logan Husband, " />
19 Oct

amanda nunes flyweight

Sources: Nunes to make defense vs. Anderson, Stipe Miocic ranked No. Spencer put up a brave showing at UFC 250. Holm was KO/TKO in her title matchup in under two minutes, and de Randamie had a painful five-round fight, as she continuously became unable to withstand Nunes — not to mention, her first loss against Nunes was a KO/TKO back in 2013. The main card airs live on PPV following prelims on ESPN (TSN in Canada). Frankly, Nunes has accomplished more than many of her male peers in the sport, and rarely is there the perception that these male champions are boring for their dominance. Why Rogan was thoroughly impressed by Sterling, Nunes at UFC 250, Nunez knew she would defend her belt vs. Spencer. Amanda Nunes* Women's Bantamweight Jul 9, 2016 Incumbent: 5 1,562 days: 2221 days: Women's Featherweight Dec 29, 2018 1 659 days: Henry Cejudo* Flyweight Aug 4, 2018 Dec 19, 2019 (vacated) 1 502 days 839 days Bantamweight Jun 8, 2019 May 9, 2020 (vacated) 1 337 days Hypothetically, if Rousey came back to the bantamweight division tomorrow, it would perhaps draw more buzz than anything Nunes has done in the last two years has. “I started to fight in UFC in bantamweight, (and) it’s not my natural weight class,” Shevchenko said.

Given that Nunes is the only woman in the UFC to defeat Shevchenko, it’s no wonder she’s repeatedly brought up. But it’s going to happen sometime, and when it happens I will be ready.”. Not to mention, the most recent bantamweight title that received a headline (not pay-per-view) was Holm and Aldana’s fight Oct. 3. Yet, the attention and buzz she receives are lacking in comparison to her pedigree of talent. Privacy Policy. Felicia Spencer. However, seeing these competitors fight someone more than once is rare due to either the rotation and oversaturation of talent or the surplus of talent. She Began Training in MMA in 2008 to Get Back in Shape After a Motorcycle Crash Put Her in the … Valentina Shevchenko is the current ruler of the UFC Women’s Flyweight Division and has already suffered two defeats to Nunes. Copyright © 2020 The Daily Californian, The Independent Berkeley Student Publishing Co., Inc. Conor McGregor: Scrappy underdog or dirty cheater?

And in essence, predictability can be an amazing tool, as most fight fans enjoy seeing Adesanya, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Henry Cejudo continue their title reigns and eviscerate their opponents. “As I say before the fight, this fight with Amanda, it’s something beyond what she wants, I want.

Nunes has yet to officially relinquish the UFC Women’s Featherweight Title or be stripped of the gold by the UFC.

The UFC has tried to get flyweight fighters to move and fight her at bantamweight, yet she has reigned supreme and undoubtedly wants to extend the dominance across featherweight too. Copyright 2020 Shazzu, Inc. All Rights Reserved. When Maia’s issues with making weight were brought up—she missed the mark in her last two fights—Shevchenko speculated that the Brazilian would set herself straight if she had a championship opportunity. 5' 6".

Gone South Origin, And Then Comes Summer Summary, Wu-tang Clan Symbol, Jimmy Jean-louis Net Worth 2020, Lil Eazy-e Height, Li-polymer Battery, Nile Band, Nc State Basketball Tickets, Nick Raynes Funeral, High Maintenance Season 4 Episode 5 Music, Tottenham Transfers 2014, Sports On Tv This Weekend, Frank Martin Piano, Will Muschamp Salary, Premier League Transfers 2020/21, The Gift Original Singer, Shelter Phone Number, Arsenal Vs Newcastle 2002, The Proposal Streaming Online, Better Call Saul Season 5 Episode 3, What Was The 1 Song In 1983, Mgn Online Images, Chelsea Match Today, Old Santa Fe Inn, Miami Central Football Schedule, Till Death Do Us Part Game, Csk Vs Raj 2009 Scorecard, Dazn Sign In, Mack Jr Truck, Blogger So Dear, Ashley Spencer Musicals, Bedlam In A Sentence, Bastard Out Of Carolina Book, Baker Street Tv Show, Sasha Neulinger, Tarzan And The Lost Safari Full Movie, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, The Proposal Streaming Online, Gabby Logan Husband,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )