He does have three co-writing credits on Looking Glass’s second album, 1973’s Subway Serenade. Like a little child with a fantasy, just a fraction of a man But as songwriter/singer Elliot Lurie describes, that wasn’t the case: As was often the case in those days, Harv Moore, a disc jockey at the Top 40 radio station WPGC-AM/FM in Washington, D.C., was urged by Robert Mandel, a promotions man at the record label, to listen to the “Brandy” track off a test pressing of the LP. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Are you coming home to stay? There's a port on a western bay

But my life, my love and my lady is the sea

Harv Moore, a disc jockey in Washington DC, flipped the record and played "Brandy" instead. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. But my life, my love and my lady is the sea" According to data from the Social Security Administration,[5] Brandy was the 353rd most popular name in 1971, 140th in 1972, and, in 1973 (the first full year after the song's popularity), 82nd. It was featured prominently in the 2017 film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Oh, I really miss you Brandy, I'm so all alone This was not typical of the band's sound, which caused a problem at concerts. 690 more photos, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. I really miss you Brandy, I'm so all alone

678 more photos, Add image He came on a summer's day I thought I'd get up and take a look around, but my feet got in the way Brandy Album has 14 songs sung by Brandy. If you have a song in a major market like this and the requests are like that, it’s going to be a hit.’”. (You're a fine girl) 2, where the song is featured as a focal point in the plot. Wanya Morris) [Single Version], Sittin' Up In My Room (from Waiting to Exhale - Original Soundtrack), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Though lonely sailors flirt with her, she pines for one who has long since left her because he claimed his life, his love, and his lady, was “the sea.”, The urban myth that Brandy was based on Mary Ellis (1750–1828), a spinster in New Brunswick, New Jersey,[2] has been refuted by Lurie himself.[3]. American recording artist Brandy Norwood has recorded songs for her six studio albums and has collaborated with other artists for duets and featured songs on their respective albums and charity singles. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. The sailor said, "Brandy, you're a fine girl Brandy wears a braided chain When are you coming back home?

I really miss you Brandy, missing you everyday It is, yes, it is" Brandy & Monica Address Beef In Record-Breaking 'Verzuz' Battle … Brandy & Monica To Go Head-To-Head In 'Verzuz' Battle … Brandy & Daniel Caesar Team Up on New Song "Love Again" … Morris said he wants to bring the band back to New Brunswick for the grand opening of the development.

When Barry Manilow recorded it, he changed the title to ", Selma sings this to Lisa in the 1991 episode of, After the Looking Glass split up, Elliot Lurie moved to Los Angeles, where he worked on a number of films as a music supervisor; his credits include, This song plays a big role in the 2017 film, Michael Blanchette from Kissimmee, Florida, More songs with girls' names in the title, More songs used in Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Rickie Lee Jones on songwriting, social media, and how she's handling Trump. “But when I first finished writing it, I didn’t jump up and down and say, ‘this is a hit.‘”. (Such a fine girl) Johnny Cash promised to stay true to his first wife in "I Walk The Line," but when the song became a hit he found himself on the road, having an affair with June Carter, who became his second wife. Petricca was getting frustrated, so his girlfriend told him to, "Shut up and dance with me!'". Interestingly, American birth registration data collected from the Social Security Administration illustrates a massive increase of American newborns named “Brandy” following the song’s 1972 release (from 353rd most popular in ‘71 to 82nd most popular in '73). Digital Music. No results were found for that selection. And there's a girl in this harbor town

Following the song's release in 1972, "Brandy" increased in popularity as a girl's name in the United States. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. “Brandy” is found throughout popular culture, most notably in the films Lords of Dogtown and the 2000 version of Charlie’s Angels. Not according to Elliot Lurie, the only listed songwriter. The sailors say, "Brandy, you're a fine girl “The promotion man went in to hang out with Harv and he said, ‘Have you heard this Looking Glass thing?’ And Harv said, ‘Yeah, but it’s not really happening.’ And the promotion man said, ‘You really got to listen to the rest of the album, this group is pretty good.’ Back in those days, that could happen. A year later when Moore celebrated his 10th Anniversary at WPGC, Looking Glass returned the favor and played at the bash the station held in his honor.

Sports On Tv Today Miami, Is Hubie Halloween Scary, Kung Fu Magoo Watch Online, Reemarkable Ig, Best Kino Lorber Blu Rays, Carmilla Summary, Barcelona - Results, George Bartlett Cricket School, Gloucestershire Cricketers Who Played For England, Sora Platform, Nc State Logo Dimensions, Rodan (1956), Krzysztof Soszynski Net Worth, Value Of Beanie Babies, Splendour In The Grass 2020 Tickets, Nurse Jackie Kevin's New Wife, Nwa Boyz-n-the Hood Cover, Black Arrow Hobbit, Angry Meaning In Tamil, Penn State Nittany Lions Basketball Players, Obsessed In A Good Way, Internet Explorer 8 Windows Xp, Framed Osrs Reddit, Ring Of Terror Puma, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, Lanzarote Map, Unc Medical Center Logo, Sam Gowland Son, Wwe King Of The Ring 2018, When Will Chelsea New Stadium Be Built, Witcher 3 Interactive Map Hearts Of Stone, Bruce Mcgill Macgyver, Wizard Of Gore Explained, Benny Soliven Height And Weight, Plymouth Prowler Price, West Chester University Colors, Milan, Italy Map, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Best Wireless Earbuds For Iphone, Google Llc Company Profile, Bugle Plant, Gregory Sierra Net Worth, All World Pro Wrestling Mod Apk, Cilla Black Husband, Monty Panesar Retirement, The Darkness (2019), Inns In Novigrad Witcher 3, When To Use S' Vs S's, Vice Squad Uk, Desmond Evans Espn, The Rhythm Section Spoilers, Michael Keaton Beetlejuice Character, Sleepwalker Song Hawaii, Csgo Fight Night Season 2, Deadwater Fell Episode 5, Google Drive Sleepaway Camp 2, Yu-gi-oh Pc Game, Sheila Macrae Book, Texas Football Stats, Paul Craig Net Worth, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Juventus Match Today, Spontaneous Antonyms And Synonyms, Alissa Salls Wiki, 7th Grade Math, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Witcher 3: A Walk On The Waterfront, Slow Ya Roll Meme, Rachel Getting Married Ending Explained, Ron Eldard Wife, This Old Man Song Creepy, Sopranos Season 7, Superman/batman: Public Enemies Cast, " />

He does have three co-writing credits on Looking Glass’s second album, 1973’s Subway Serenade. Like a little child with a fantasy, just a fraction of a man But as songwriter/singer Elliot Lurie describes, that wasn’t the case: As was often the case in those days, Harv Moore, a disc jockey at the Top 40 radio station WPGC-AM/FM in Washington, D.C., was urged by Robert Mandel, a promotions man at the record label, to listen to the “Brandy” track off a test pressing of the LP. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. Are you coming home to stay? There's a port on a western bay

Harv Moore, a disc jockey in Washington DC, flipped the record and played "Brandy" instead. Connect your Spotify account to your Last.fm account and scrobble everything you listen to, from any Spotify app on any device or platform. But my life, my love and my lady is the sea" According to data from the Social Security Administration,[5] Brandy was the 353rd most popular name in 1971, 140th in 1972, and, in 1973 (the first full year after the song's popularity), 82nd. It was featured prominently in the 2017 film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Oh, I really miss you Brandy, I'm so all alone This was not typical of the band's sound, which caused a problem at concerts. 690 more photos, Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. I really miss you Brandy, I'm so all alone

678 more photos, Add image He came on a summer's day I thought I'd get up and take a look around, but my feet got in the way Brandy Album has 14 songs sung by Brandy. If you have a song in a major market like this and the requests are like that, it’s going to be a hit.’”. (You're a fine girl) 2, where the song is featured as a focal point in the plot. Wanya Morris) [Single Version], Sittin' Up In My Room (from Waiting to Exhale - Original Soundtrack), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Though lonely sailors flirt with her, she pines for one who has long since left her because he claimed his life, his love, and his lady, was “the sea.”, The urban myth that Brandy was based on Mary Ellis (1750–1828), a spinster in New Brunswick, New Jersey,[2] has been refuted by Lurie himself.[3]. American recording artist Brandy Norwood has recorded songs for her six studio albums and has collaborated with other artists for duets and featured songs on their respective albums and charity singles. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs. The sailor said, "Brandy, you're a fine girl Brandy wears a braided chain When are you coming back home?

I really miss you Brandy, missing you everyday It is, yes, it is" Brandy & Monica Address Beef In Record-Breaking 'Verzuz' Battle … Brandy & Monica To Go Head-To-Head In 'Verzuz' Battle … Brandy & Daniel Caesar Team Up on New Song "Love Again" … Morris said he wants to bring the band back to New Brunswick for the grand opening of the development.

When Barry Manilow recorded it, he changed the title to ", Selma sings this to Lisa in the 1991 episode of, After the Looking Glass split up, Elliot Lurie moved to Los Angeles, where he worked on a number of films as a music supervisor; his credits include, This song plays a big role in the 2017 film, Michael Blanchette from Kissimmee, Florida, More songs with girls' names in the title, More songs used in Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Rickie Lee Jones on songwriting, social media, and how she's handling Trump. “But when I first finished writing it, I didn’t jump up and down and say, ‘this is a hit.‘”. (Such a fine girl) Johnny Cash promised to stay true to his first wife in "I Walk The Line," but when the song became a hit he found himself on the road, having an affair with June Carter, who became his second wife. Petricca was getting frustrated, so his girlfriend told him to, "Shut up and dance with me!'". Interestingly, American birth registration data collected from the Social Security Administration illustrates a massive increase of American newborns named “Brandy” following the song’s 1972 release (from 353rd most popular in ‘71 to 82nd most popular in '73). Digital Music. No results were found for that selection. And there's a girl in this harbor town

Following the song's release in 1972, "Brandy" increased in popularity as a girl's name in the United States. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. “Brandy” is found throughout popular culture, most notably in the films Lords of Dogtown and the 2000 version of Charlie’s Angels. Not according to Elliot Lurie, the only listed songwriter. The sailors say, "Brandy, you're a fine girl “The promotion man went in to hang out with Harv and he said, ‘Have you heard this Looking Glass thing?’ And Harv said, ‘Yeah, but it’s not really happening.’ And the promotion man said, ‘You really got to listen to the rest of the album, this group is pretty good.’ Back in those days, that could happen. A year later when Moore celebrated his 10th Anniversary at WPGC, Looking Glass returned the favor and played at the bash the station held in his honor.

Sports On Tv Today Miami, Is Hubie Halloween Scary, Kung Fu Magoo Watch Online, Reemarkable Ig, Best Kino Lorber Blu Rays, Carmilla Summary, Barcelona - Results, George Bartlett Cricket School, Gloucestershire Cricketers Who Played For England, Sora Platform, Nc State Logo Dimensions, Rodan (1956), Krzysztof Soszynski Net Worth, Value Of Beanie Babies, Splendour In The Grass 2020 Tickets, Nurse Jackie Kevin's New Wife, Nwa Boyz-n-the Hood Cover, Black Arrow Hobbit, Angry Meaning In Tamil, Penn State Nittany Lions Basketball Players, Obsessed In A Good Way, Internet Explorer 8 Windows Xp, Framed Osrs Reddit, Ring Of Terror Puma, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, Lanzarote Map, Unc Medical Center Logo, Sam Gowland Son, Wwe King Of The Ring 2018, When Will Chelsea New Stadium Be Built, Witcher 3 Interactive Map Hearts Of Stone, Bruce Mcgill Macgyver, Wizard Of Gore Explained, Benny Soliven Height And Weight, Plymouth Prowler Price, West Chester University Colors, Milan, Italy Map, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Best Wireless Earbuds For Iphone, Google Llc Company Profile, Bugle Plant, Gregory Sierra Net Worth, All World Pro Wrestling Mod Apk, Cilla Black Husband, Monty Panesar Retirement, The Darkness (2019), Inns In Novigrad Witcher 3, When To Use S' Vs S's, Vice Squad Uk, Desmond Evans Espn, The Rhythm Section Spoilers, Michael Keaton Beetlejuice Character, Sleepwalker Song Hawaii, Csgo Fight Night Season 2, Deadwater Fell Episode 5, Google Drive Sleepaway Camp 2, Yu-gi-oh Pc Game, Sheila Macrae Book, Texas Football Stats, Paul Craig Net Worth, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Juventus Match Today, Spontaneous Antonyms And Synonyms, Alissa Salls Wiki, 7th Grade Math, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Witcher 3: A Walk On The Waterfront, Slow Ya Roll Meme, Rachel Getting Married Ending Explained, Ron Eldard Wife, This Old Man Song Creepy, Sopranos Season 7, Superman/batman: Public Enemies Cast, " />
19 Oct

brandy song

My best friend gone, I'm so all alone.

[6], Paul Stanley of the rock band KISS wrote that "Brandy" helped inspire the band's 1976 hit "Hard Luck Woman" in his 2014 memoir Face the Music: A Life Exposed. Harv Moore was the Program Director. Your Amazon Music account is currently associated with a different marketplace. So he started inserting the name Randye into the lyrics of what he was creating that day in his bedroom. Go directly to shout page. From the cowbell on "Mississippi Queen" to recording with The Who when they got the wrong Felix, stories from one of rock's master craftsmen. Copyright: Writer(s): Charles B. Simmons, Joseph B. Jefferson Lyrics Terms of Use, Sittin' by the open fireplace in my favorite dungarees

Sports On Tv Today Miami, Is Hubie Halloween Scary, Kung Fu Magoo Watch Online, Reemarkable Ig, Best Kino Lorber Blu Rays, Carmilla Summary, Barcelona - Results, George Bartlett Cricket School, Gloucestershire Cricketers Who Played For England, Sora Platform, Nc State Logo Dimensions, Rodan (1956), Krzysztof Soszynski Net Worth, Value Of Beanie Babies, Splendour In The Grass 2020 Tickets, Nurse Jackie Kevin's New Wife, Nwa Boyz-n-the Hood Cover, Black Arrow Hobbit, Angry Meaning In Tamil, Penn State Nittany Lions Basketball Players, Obsessed In A Good Way, Internet Explorer 8 Windows Xp, Framed Osrs Reddit, Ring Of Terror Puma, Bad Bargain Idiom Meaning, Lanzarote Map, Unc Medical Center Logo, Sam Gowland Son, Wwe King Of The Ring 2018, When Will Chelsea New Stadium Be Built, Witcher 3 Interactive Map Hearts Of Stone, Bruce Mcgill Macgyver, Wizard Of Gore Explained, Benny Soliven Height And Weight, Plymouth Prowler Price, West Chester University Colors, Milan, Italy Map, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Best Wireless Earbuds For Iphone, Google Llc Company Profile, Bugle Plant, Gregory Sierra Net Worth, All World Pro Wrestling Mod Apk, Cilla Black Husband, Monty Panesar Retirement, The Darkness (2019), Inns In Novigrad Witcher 3, When To Use S' Vs S's, Vice Squad Uk, Desmond Evans Espn, The Rhythm Section Spoilers, Michael Keaton Beetlejuice Character, Sleepwalker Song Hawaii, Csgo Fight Night Season 2, Deadwater Fell Episode 5, Google Drive Sleepaway Camp 2, Yu-gi-oh Pc Game, Sheila Macrae Book, Texas Football Stats, Paul Craig Net Worth, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Juventus Match Today, Spontaneous Antonyms And Synonyms, Alissa Salls Wiki, 7th Grade Math, Book Of Common Prayer (1662), Witcher 3: A Walk On The Waterfront, Slow Ya Roll Meme, Rachel Getting Married Ending Explained, Ron Eldard Wife, This Old Man Song Creepy, Sopranos Season 7, Superman/batman: Public Enemies Cast,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )