Young Buck Mixtapes, Holly Holm Height, Supremacy Mega Star Destroyer Lego, Dmc Egypt Live, Beats Bluetooth Headphones Review, " /> Young Buck Mixtapes, Holly Holm Height, Supremacy Mega Star Destroyer Lego, Dmc Egypt Live, Beats Bluetooth Headphones Review, " />
19 Oct

brown butter apple pie eatingwell

With all that delicious fruit an apple pie should be healthy, but the truth is a slice can have as much as 750 calories and 30 grams of fat. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, 24 One-Pot Fall Dinners to Help You Lose Weight, 5 Things I'm Buying This Fall to Create a Cozy Outdoor Space, Nutrition The result is a flaky crust without all the saturated fat. Everyone loved this pie it is a very acceptable healthy version of the original. It's not buttery and heavy but at the same time doesn't taste light. For the most part, the culprit is the crust. For the most part, the culprit is the crust. Please for the sake of apple pie do not sub out the sugar for a non-calorie sweetener!! Most pie crusts use butter, shortening or lard to get a flaky texture--this one uses heart-healthy canola oil. =DDDDDDDDDD. Anonymous Valley Cottage NY, I loved this recipe! This really was delicious. i added some cinnamon to the filling and a bit more sugar than the recipe called for since it said it was pretty tart. That's all I used for the filling and it tasted delicious! My husband was a little disappointed that the crust wasn't flakier but I thought it was good considering the low fat content. Stir in milk a tablespoon at a time just until a soft dough forms. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or 3 tablespoons brown sugar. The filling for this apple pie is on the tart side--experiment with less lemon juice or sweeter apples for a balance that's right for you. Combine 1 teaspoon granulated sugar and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. It worked wonderfully well and had rave reviews - - the taste was absolutely scrumptious - - and now everyone is looking for me to make more. Whisk the remaining 1 cup flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. Bake the pie on the bottom rack for 20 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and continue baking until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling, 25 to 35 minutes more. Also for the topping I added a dash of nutmeg. The only part I didn't like about this recipe was the extra step of cooking half the apples on the stovetop. Serve warm. It's the best apple pie that I have tried in along time. Scrape the filling into the crust. Our go-to recipe! Great with a couple tweaks This was the first apple pie I loved because it tasted like sweet apples and not pure sugar. Info. If you’re trying to slim down, you can still eat delicious and cozy foods for dinner. Even using "tart" apples like McIntosh or Granny Smith I NEVER use sugar nor do I use butter although it does make it nicer. Info. The trick is to freeze the oil and a bit of flour together before incorporating it into the dough. Cut butter into small pieces and, with your fingers, quickly rub them into the dry ingredients until the pieces are smaller but still visible. Ingredient Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour, lower in protein than regular whole-wheat flour, has less gluten-forming potential, making it a better choice for tender baked goods. This makes one crust. Peel off the top sheet of paper and invert the dough onto the fruit. Also substituted soy milk for regular milk since our dinner guest is vegan. Loved this recipe for my Canadian Thanksgiving dinner in the UK! So this is even healthier. We'll see. Perfectly delicious I didn't have whole wheat pastry flour so I just used whole wheat flour in it. I used a combination of granny smith golden delicious fuji and braeburn apples. Why not do it without sugar? Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 12-inch circle. I did make some adjustments though. to prepare topping: Work together oats, flour and brown sugar in a small bowl with a fork or your fingertips until there are no large lumps. I am glad that I avoided that extra 1/2 cup of sugar because I think it would have made the pie too sweet. Brush the crust with egg white and sprinkle with the cinnamon-sugar. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the apples and toss well. Exchanges: 1/2 other cab. EatingWell may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. All Right Reserved. I doubled the cinnamon nutmeg used 1/8 tsp of allspice and a dash of cardamom Pros: Can taste the apples Cons: Needed more kick.

Young Buck Mixtapes, Holly Holm Height, Supremacy Mega Star Destroyer Lego, Dmc Egypt Live, Beats Bluetooth Headphones Review,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )