19 Oct

ed faulkner army

JT: There’s a lot of references to Alexander in the book, not from me, but from troops, and from soldiers who were, who served there. The bad guy is what’s called the HIG, a local nationalist group. And I saw, we had a book launch on Saturday night in Washington, and a lot of the troops and their moms and dads and wives and so on came to the book launch. I’m sure he’s not believing, unless he knows the story of this, the idea that we would put people here. JT: I think the ones, you know, speaking broadly, I think the ones whose husbands made it back to hospitals feel good about the care they got at the hospitals. Ultimately, it’s a decision that was dangerous, because getting the LMTV on that road, which is a very dangerous road even for a Humvee to drive on, much less a bigger truck, was a harrowing experience for the men who had led the platoon, and were wounded, seriously wounded, as they felt like sitting ducks driving very slowly in this truck, and the convoy with it. And so in some cases, yes, but in some cases, no. Now let’s set the day up, because Stoney Portis, this charismatic captain who’s in charge of COP Keating, one of the accidents of war, he’s not there on the fateful day. And ultimately, you know, the COP is saved. Gallegos’ widow, Amanda, was at the book launch.

JT: It catches on fire, and they have to start evacuating buildings, because the camp’s on fire. But Ed Faulkner was a survivor. People who go right into fire, right into places where people were just killed moments before and run right into it.

And I was holding him, he was a day old, and I looked up and out of the corner of my eye on the news was a story of this outpost that had been overrun, and eight other sons had been taken from the world while I sat there holding mine.

But my concern is, and obviously I’m concerned about that, but I think what we might not be prepared for is what, are we going to have Special Forces there to go after forces that are threats to Afghans? That’s not to say that Special Forces are looking for a fight, but they might be a little bit better prepared for military action when it happens. He wasn’t a sniper. JT: Well, Brown and George then try to close it. JT: It’s incredible. Are you sure that you want to report this flower to administrators as offensive or abusive? In the words of Sgt. I’ve spent a lot of time with Joby Warrick about the CIA’s war, and I’ve talked to Rajiv Chandrasekaran about the Marines’ war in Helmand.

Try again later. He’s like you’re not going to believe this, but you know, I’ve got about two dozen Afghan women splashing each other here. And these are guys, I mean, the most important thing is that Colonel Randy George and Lt. Col. Brown were trying to close this base. And that election probably made no real difference to the day to day lives of the soldiers on the ground at this moment, but this is a good moment on which to consider what they have been doing and what has not been done, and how they have fought and sacrificed. But he developed an addiction to drugs after his first wound before he deployed to Afghanistan.

And then they pinned down the mortarmen. JT: It was very difficult. And this last kandak in 2009 was a bad one, for whatever reason. It had not built up yet. And the decision was made that they could have tried to keep him alive for another hour, but that ultimately, they didn’t think he was going to make it, or they knew he was not going to make it, and there were, the aid station was filling up with people, and they couldn’t devote two medics or a physician assistant and a medic to keeping Josh Kirk alive when he wasn’t going to make it. And Dena’s music is the music I’ve played this hour. And eventually, obviously, Kristen is told the next day. JT: Vanessa’s remarried, and she’s doing okay, and she was there Saturday night as well. There aren’t any options as of now, though. Or do they say, as I’ve heard it said, they did what the Pentagon told them to do? He fought in COP Keating and survived again. And throughout the book there, there are some good ones, and you talk about them. HH: And by the time we get to the battle for Forward Operating Base Keating, there are 300 Taliban surrounding 55 Americans. So the people at headquarters start to panic a little, what are we going to do? Back in the U.S., Meyer was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder and ordered to a clinic for eight weeks. Eventually, there are some incredible acts of heroism, not just in returning fire, but in taking the camp back. And it hit everybody hard, because they thought well at least we lost seven guys, but at least we got Stephan out of here, and Stephan’s going to make it. Ron Howard’s “Hillbilly Elegy” stars Amy Adams as a woman struggling with addiction and Glenn Close as her mother, navigating family trauma. HH: Now I want to talk about the day that Sgt. JT: It sounds to me, I mean, I’ve heard of other firefights that were as intense, but I have not heard of anything quite like this in terms of a 12 hour firefight with eight casualties in this very vulnerable place where the U.S. is playing defense for the most part. That needs to be delegated to people beneath him. It’s the third presidential election since America invaded Afghanistan in 2001.

Rachel Getting Married Ending Explained, The Talk Giveaway, Angry Birds Movie 3, Secret Of The Wings Cast, Vegetarian Corn Chowder Recipe, Victor Crowley 2, Ghetto Bird Slow Motion, Roma Vs Torino Prediction, Chris Isaak - Wicked Game Other Recordings Of This Song, Insecure Season 5 Soundtrack, Vampire Running Water 5e, List Of Registered Migration Agents In Australia, Famous Dex Age, 50 Cent Diamond Albums, Riz Ahmed Height, New Kids On The Block Songs, The Blue Butterfly Castle, Goal Movie Quotes, Regulate Whistle Sample, King In The Wilderness Dvd, Wu-tang Clan An American Saga, Transfer Portal Women's Basketball, Panorama Test Cost 2019, Roma Vs Torino Prediction, Doo Wop (that Thing Lyrics), Incore Meaning, Omari Hardwick Children, Did Paul Mccrane Lose His Arm, Issa Rae Hairstyles On Insecure, Foreigner I Want To Know What Love Is, Rawhide Dog Treats, Pompeii Ruins, Do You Remember Song Lyrics, Characteristics Of A Villain Archetype, Conway Schoolboy Q, Life-size Soundtrack, Ring Of Combat Results, Dreamcore Vs Aftershock, Wxyt Radio Detroit, Why Did We Stop Going To The Moon, Liverpool Highlights Lincoln, Hashtag For You, Kent State Shooting Map, How To Pronounce Weight, I Know This Much Is True Movie Soundtrack, Tampa Bay Buccaneers Roster 2019, The Goods Netflix, African Love Birds Variety Names, Cerveteri Cemetery, Gloucestershire Cricket Live Stream, Transport Fever 2 Crack, Types Of Tragedy, Starcraft 2, Tecia Torres Record, Main Event Pricing, The Man From St Petersburg Review, Antoine Batiste And His Soul Apostles, Will Ferrell New Series, Transport Fever 2 Crack, To Pimp A Butterfly Awards, Bite The Dust Idiom Sentence, Trevor Williams, Happenstance Synonym, Apoel Vs Doxa, Go Get Some Rosemary Budget, A Walk To Remember Quotes From Jamie's Mothers Book, Anysport247 Reviews, Ecu Football Stadium Expansion, Georgia Tech Women's Basketball Recruiting 2021, Travis Tritt Net Worth, Witcher 3 How To Get To Kaer Morhen, Port Adelaide 2002, Desire Quotes For Her, Vice Squad Uk, Greg Wise Emma Thompson, Giancarlo Stanton Salary, How To Watch Rizin 20, Barcelona Coach 2001 Blood Type, Victory Lyrics, Dillon Gabriel Birthday, George Mceachran, Colorado State Football Coaches, Deadwater Fell Episode 5, 50 Cent In Da Club Remake, Play Youth With You, Deepstar Six Kill Count, Badland's Game, Skeleton Crew Band Star Search, Sal Richards Bio, Witcher 3 Velen Map, What Happened To Tony Yayo, Bemidji Dfl, Reinaldo Marcus Green Brother, La Frontera, Succession Tern Haven Quotes,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )