Rsl Anzac Day 2020, Bundle Of Joy Georgetown, Yas Marina Circuit Map, Express Yourself Original Song, Young Noble 2pac, In The Mouth Of Madness Down In The Darkness, Zach Davies Wife, Watch Knuckle City, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Come Fly With Me Netflix, I Like This Version More, My Life Is Murders Season 3, Ptolemy Philadelphus, Spring Core, Caren Marsh Doll Net Worth 2018, 10 Types Of Relationships, The Man In The White Suit: The Stig, Le Mans, The Fast Lane And Me, The Game Film Locations, Paul Kelly Albums, I Need U (english Cover), How Old Is Dave Clark Darts Commentator, Catherine Cohen Ucb, Turin To Milan, Buddies Cartridges Ingredients, Dan Aykroyd Ghostbusters, Cassian Andor Series Cancelled, Dane Dehaan Spiderman, Extreme Long Shot Definition, Talk Box Sound, Remains Of The Day Netflix Canada, " /> Rsl Anzac Day 2020, Bundle Of Joy Georgetown, Yas Marina Circuit Map, Express Yourself Original Song, Young Noble 2pac, In The Mouth Of Madness Down In The Darkness, Zach Davies Wife, Watch Knuckle City, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Come Fly With Me Netflix, I Like This Version More, My Life Is Murders Season 3, Ptolemy Philadelphus, Spring Core, Caren Marsh Doll Net Worth 2018, 10 Types Of Relationships, The Man In The White Suit: The Stig, Le Mans, The Fast Lane And Me, The Game Film Locations, Paul Kelly Albums, I Need U (english Cover), How Old Is Dave Clark Darts Commentator, Catherine Cohen Ucb, Turin To Milan, Buddies Cartridges Ingredients, Dan Aykroyd Ghostbusters, Cassian Andor Series Cancelled, Dane Dehaan Spiderman, Extreme Long Shot Definition, Talk Box Sound, Remains Of The Day Netflix Canada, " />
19 Oct

gallienus coin

263 TR.P.XI. Gallienus Roman Imperial Coins 27 BC-476 AD, Go to previous slide - Shop by Composition, Go to previous slide - Shop by Denomination. 264 TR.P.XII. The range in weight for the gold coinage varies from as little as 2 grams to nearly 6 grams. The weight of the gold coinage varies so greatly, that at first glance it would appear as if there were no monetary standards whatsoever. This led many historians to paint a very biased view of Gallienus instead of the emperor who did his best to defend the empire. The debasement using chemicals may have begun in Antioch (Syria) and then spread to the other mints. AU DOUBLE Aureus (5.3-6.0 Grams)

This new internal crisis forced Gallienus to leave the Goths to his generals and he marched back to Italy to confront Aureolus where he defeated his army at the battle of Pontirolo. He then raised to the rank of co-emperor his youngest son Saloninus in 259 AD. Yr Tribunician Power Consul 253 TR.P.

Make Offer - GALLIENUS Authentic Ancient Billon Silver Lyons 258AD Roman Coin NGC i81546 GALLIENUS with SPEAR & Standard 258AD COLOGNE Ancient Silver Roman Coin i61983 $500.00 Double Denarius. Æ HEAVY Antoninianus (silver washed 5.32 grams) Æ As (8.3 grams), AU Aureus (2.5-1.5 grams) IMP GALLIENVS AVG The silver coinage began to decline in weight steadily between 257-258 AD. - Gallienus. How they accomplished this chemical process was to begin with a blank planchet which contained about 5% silver, the planchet was then dipped in a “pickle” solution of corrosive salts and acid. JUPITER REVERSE. Make Offer - 2 Coins AD 253-268 Gallienus Standing Ancient Roman Coin . When the planchet was then heated and struck with the dies, the sponge-like silver was flattened down and spread across the surface of the coin. Coin Catalogue. Gallienus 253 – 268 A.D. Gallienus, Valerian’s son, became co-emperor shortly after Valerian himself ascended the throne. At the same time, Gallienus’s son, Valerian II, was given the rank of Caesar. - Gallienus Ae Sestertius - VIRTVS AVG - 26 mm / 11.78 gr. 258 TR.P.VI. *Lucernae* Rare Gallienus Æ Sestertius APOLLINI CONSERVA / SC Rome 253-268 A.D. Roman Empire Gallienus AD 253-268 BI Double-Denarius Very Fine NGC Certified VF. No doubt, these previous invasions contributed to the rising costs of government that chipped away at the monetary system of Rome. Find Coins. GALLIENVS P F AVG Gallienus was forced to deal with the senators of Rome by restricting them from holding any military command. AR DOUBLE Antoninianus (8.0+ grams) 267 TR.P.XV. With the economic conditions of Rome collapsing and hyper-inflation running uncontrolled, the Roman Empire suffered from both internal conflict as well as external invasions not to mention famine and plagues. Van Meter, David, "The Handbook of Roman Imperial Coins… Æ Billion Antoninianus (silver washed 2.0-3.2 grams) In 255 AD, his eldest son Valerian II died and his youngest son, Saloninus, was then given the rank of Caesar. Gallienus was buried in a modest tomb along the Via Appia several miles outside the city of Rome due to his unpopular status. The inscription on the front gives the emperor's name explicitly. It was this invasion of the Goths from the Danube regions that prevented Gallienus from seriously addressing Postumus  in Gaul and Palmyra in the East. Simultaneously, due to the fact that the once silver Antoninianus had become debased to the point of a mere bronze coin itself, the traditional bronze denominations of the sestertius, dupondius and as ceased to be minted. On the back the inscription LVBENTVS (or IVBENTVS) seems to be somewhat a mystery as to meaning.

Rsl Anzac Day 2020, Bundle Of Joy Georgetown, Yas Marina Circuit Map, Express Yourself Original Song, Young Noble 2pac, In The Mouth Of Madness Down In The Darkness, Zach Davies Wife, Watch Knuckle City, Did Lewis And Hobson Marry, Come Fly With Me Netflix, I Like This Version More, My Life Is Murders Season 3, Ptolemy Philadelphus, Spring Core, Caren Marsh Doll Net Worth 2018, 10 Types Of Relationships, The Man In The White Suit: The Stig, Le Mans, The Fast Lane And Me, The Game Film Locations, Paul Kelly Albums, I Need U (english Cover), How Old Is Dave Clark Darts Commentator, Catherine Cohen Ucb, Turin To Milan, Buddies Cartridges Ingredients, Dan Aykroyd Ghostbusters, Cassian Andor Series Cancelled, Dane Dehaan Spiderman, Extreme Long Shot Definition, Talk Box Sound, Remains Of The Day Netflix Canada,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )