Tetsuya Naito Wife, Real Madrid Vs Espanyol History, Scottie Barnes Weight, Abc Esperance Address, Mst3k Creature From The Black Lagoon, Pasolini Decameron, Matthew Marsh Katerra, Mistover Steam, Spyda The Dancer, " /> Tetsuya Naito Wife, Real Madrid Vs Espanyol History, Scottie Barnes Weight, Abc Esperance Address, Mst3k Creature From The Black Lagoon, Pasolini Decameron, Matthew Marsh Katerra, Mistover Steam, Spyda The Dancer, " />
19 Oct

getting to know you questions for elementary students

Ice breaker questions for elementary school students. What is something you really dislike but have no good reason for disliking? All content © Upper Elementary Snapshots • Template by Georgia Lou Studios • Blog Design by Chalk & Apples Design, Browse through all the blog posts over the years. 11. Every year in our classroom, we do many community building activities at the beginning of the year, after a long break, and when we needed a reset. It's never too early to start thinking about the next school year. My name is Rebecca, but as a kid I ONLY went by Becky. Which day do you consider to be the true start of the week, Sunday or Monday? When are you at your best as a person? My students' responses are such an important piece in getting to know each and every one of them. How relevant they are depends on the student, their grade level, how articulate they are, how comfortable they are with thinking about thinking, and so on. What are your strengths as a reader (or ‘scientist’ or musician or mathematician, etc)? 8. You are given the option of keeping your name or choosing a new one. Why or why not? Would you rather have a photographic memory or be amazing at one thing, but only so-so at. How do you respond–emotionally, practically, etc.–when you’re challenged? What are you most proud of? Character Traits: A Lesson for Upper Elementary Students, 5 Types of Context Clues to Boost Reading Comprehension, Our Favorite Resources For the New School Year. What are you curious about? She shared some of the responses on social media, highlighting the need for teachers everywhere to truly get to know their students and what they might need. It’s new book smell, Janis…and it’s heaven. We have them fill out worksheets telling us about their favorite foods or songs, we ask them if they have access to the Internet at home, and sometimes we have them tell us about their summer vacations. 2. On the way, however, you stop for at Starbucks. It gives them a chance to reflect on what makes them feel good about themselves. Here are 63 fun “get-to know-you” questions for kids to get a conversation started. This question is the one that allows me to make connections with my students. Banana-flavored anything…yuck. If you became invisible for 10 minutes RIGHT NOW, what (. I am always surprised by my students responses to this question. You filled out my Get-to-Know-You Sheet, but I, clue why you’re trying to eat all the pencil-tip erasers right now…, Sometimes, we need to dig a bit deeper to learn who are students, Sorry, Elsa…but I’m leaning toward DJ Khaled’s. On this same note, it is just as important to students that we know how to PRONOUNCE their names. What one invention would you uninvent and why? You discover a beautiful island where you decide to build a new society. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest? We got this, #teachers! What do you love? Actual bananas? What do you want to learn about this year? Would you rather be a master at every musical instrument or fluent in every language in the world? #winterbreak, When I tell you that my colleague are a bit compet, Silly hat day here we come! Often it was not until Back to School Night, or even conference time, when teachers would meet my parents and learn that I preferred to be called Becky. You accidentally ate some radioactive pizza. What ridiculous and untrue, yet slightly believable, theories can you come up with for common ailments like headaches, cavities, or sunburn? We have them fill out worksheets telling us about their favorite foods or songs, we ask them if they have access to the Internet at home, and sometimes we have them tell us about their summer vacations. What does it mean to ‘understand’ something? A few years ago, a teacher named Kyle Schwartz posed this question for her students. What do you choose? It may seem like a small thing, but it was a HUGE deal to me as a child! I always keep their responses in the back of my mind as I am interacting with my students, planning lessons, or even dealing with challenges. Use at your own discretion, of course. Throughout the years, I have collected questions that I could ask students … What is something that makes you feel proud? 10. It is definitely worth the extra effort to make that connection with students, and make them feel valued in our classrooms. 11. Is there an app you hate, but you still use it anyway? As we discuss in Beyond Classroom Management, the key is to be intentional. A student questionnaire is a great jumping off point for getting to know your students. 7. I want to hear the one thing (or more) that my students need me to know about them, in order for me to be the best teacher I can possibly be for them. Needless to say, this question is now asked on my questionnaire. (Careful with this one, the debate will get heated…no joke! 1. This is a scaled-back version of 26 Questions Every Student Should Be Able To Answer. Those things that challenge our students are the very things that might lead to anxiety or discomfort in the classroom. Who is your favorite author? Of course these things are important, but we cover interests and favorite subjects with other questions. If our state was represented by just one food, what would it be? Leave it to our students to remind us what it takes to make us better teachers! What is something that is challenging for you? A good learner? But… is it enough? Later that night, when I have finally recovered from the excitement of the first day, I sit down with my stack of questionnaires to read all about my new students. 12 Questions To Ask Your Students On The First Day Of School. 8. Every year, when my teachers would call my name during attendance on the first day, I would simply respond with "HERE", instead of letting them know that I preferred to be called Becky. And always be seeking to understand how your students think, what motivates them, what frustrates them, what they’re worried about, etc. The big idea here is to use the first day (or week or month) to get to know the right things about your students. What do you want me to know about you? ). Why do you think that might be? What are your strengths as a reader (or ‘scientist’ or musician or mathematician, etc)? The first few weeks of school are all about getting to know our students. I also think that it's important to see what our students expect from us. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. The premise here is simple enough, and I’ve written about this kind of thing before in greater detail (see 20 Questions Parents Should Ask Teachers). While there is a whole list of get-to-know-you questions for students to respond to, there are five questions that I make sure to pay extra close attention to: We’ve shared 11 Simple, Back-to-School, Getting To Know Students Questions where Dawn Casey-Rowe takes a look at–well, the kinds of questions teachers might consider asking students above and beyond the common. Look for Ambition. What is a saying or expression that you probably say too much? Friend? The World Is Changing; Let Schools Change, Too, 8 Ways Parents Can Support Critical Thinking At Home, 10 Easy Ways To Use Google Meet In Your Classroom. You’re asked to cook dinner for your family and are sent to the store with $20. One day, she gets tired of you not paying attention and. Would you rather give up breakfast, lunch, or dinner…. What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done because someone dared you? 10. What actor/actress would you want to play you if they ever made a movie about your life? Your English teacher is actually a witch! #escaperoom success with #thecousins! I was painfully shy as a child and too afraid to speak up. Children ask lots of questions, but now it’s time to turn the tables.

Tetsuya Naito Wife, Real Madrid Vs Espanyol History, Scottie Barnes Weight, Abc Esperance Address, Mst3k Creature From The Black Lagoon, Pasolini Decameron, Matthew Marsh Katerra, Mistover Steam, Spyda The Dancer,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )