I have tens of millions of dollars of property in Turkey, but everything is confiscated. Hakan Sukur spent the majority of his career with Galatasaray, scoring 284 goals in 518 appearances, according to Transfermarkt. In 2015, the soccer player fled to Palo Alto, California and ended up running a cafe in the area. Sukur retired from football in 2008 and joined Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) in 2011.

Sukur claimed Erdogan’s régime had seized all of his houses, businesses, and bank accounts in Turkey, according to conveyed translations of his latest interview. All Rights Reserved. FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. "I have nothing left anywhere in the world. Turkey's Andolu Agency reported that Sukur was living in a $3 million house in the "richest area of San Francisco Bay Area" and he said "strange" people started coming into the cafe. I am starting to work now. Hakan Şükür, 1 Eylül 1971 tarihinde Sakarya’da doğdu. Hakan Sukur of Turkey controls the ball as Sang Chul Yoo of South Korea closes in during the FIFA World Cup Finals 2002 Third Place Play-Off match played at the Daegu World Cup Stadium, in Daegu, South Korea on June 29, 2002.

cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government accused of leading the coup. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site.

He said: “I am an enemy of the government, not the state and not the Turkish nation. FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. Sukur is Turkey's all-time top scorer, having bagged 51 goals in 112 matches.

I love our flag, our country. Following the diagnosis. Turkey and Galatasaray legend Hakan Sukur has revealed he is now an Uber driver in the United States and sells books for a living after being exiled from his … Hakan Şükür kimdir? Sukur had previously expressed support for cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government accused of leading the coup. Hakan Sukur scored soccer’s fastest ever World Cup goal when he netted in less than 11 seconds for Turkey against South Korea in 2002.

His father Sermet, still living in Turkey at the time, was arrested and jailed for nearly a year. But it had to close in December 2018 and was replaced by a Turkish restaurant. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Turkish President Erdogan to visit Bangladesh for Mujib Borsho celebrations next year, Murder case plaintiff totured in Kurigram, Barvida seeks branch office, members' access at Mongla Port, 2 jailed for practicing medicine without permits, 8,427 expats fly to Saudi Arabia in 10 days, Please read our Comment Policy before posting. Hakan Sukur is Turkey’s highest goal-scorer, scoring 51 goals in his 112 international appearances, which is more than twice of the next best, Burak Yilmaz, who has just 24 of them. ... "Now I drive for Uber and I sell books." The Galatasaray legend was cracked down by the Turkish President. La Joya was furious with Pirlo's decision to leave him out vs. Crotone, Reds keeper begins individual sessions in rehab from shoulder injury, Sukur retired from football in 2008 and joined Erdogan's. “When I left for the US, my father was locked up and my assets taken.”. 'Erdogan took everything from me' - Turkey legend Hakan Sukur driving Uber in U.S. after persecution The Galatasaray icon became an enemy of the Turkish government after leaving the president's AKP party in 2013, having his assets seized. 2015 yılında ABD'ye kaçan Şükür'ün ve ailesinin mal varlıklarına el konmuştu. Ex-Gala boss Graeme Souness took him to Blackburn but his Ewood Park spell was hampered by a broken leg. Legendary former Turkey striker Hakan Sukur has admitted he’s now working in the US as an Uber driver after having to flee his homeland. Sukur said it is a "very difficult time for them" and that everybody he associated with in Turkey now has "financial difficulties.".

His efforts helped the club win eight Super Lig titles, five Turkish Cups and the UEFA Cup. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Get Make It newsletters delivered to your inbox, Learn more about the world of CNBC Make It, © 2020 CNBC LLC. Sukur is widely regarded as Turkey’s greatest ever footballer with 52 goals from 112 caps and he also played for Inter Milan, Torino, Parma and Galatasaray back home. The 48-year-old former Inter Milan striker said his life turned upside down following his retirement in 2008. "I have nothing left, Erdogan took everything: my right to liberty, freedom of expression and right to work," he reportedly said. The former striker netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation's all-time top goal scorer. Having been associated with the scholar, a warrant was issued for Sukur's arrest and he was reported by Turkey's state-run media to be "living the high life" as a "fugitive member of the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).". CNBC contacted the Turkish government for a response but received no comment at the time of writing. Sukur also said a Turkish student was jailed for 14 months after taking a selfie with him during a visit to the United States. "I have nothing left, Erdogan took everything: my right to liberty, freedom of expression and right to work," he reportedly said. But rather than enjoying a relaxed retirement as a sporting icon, Sukur now drives an Uber in the USA, he told German paper Welt am Sonntag in an interview.

Turkish striker Sukur, 48, lives in America having been exiled for opposing his country’s hardline president Recep Erdogan.

Restaurants and bars owned by celebrities. President Erdogan was even a guest in Sukur’s first wedding to Esra, who died in the Izmit earthquake in 1999.

FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. When I had left, they locked up my father—and everything I owned was confiscated. Turkish authorities issued a warrant for Sukur's arrest in August 2016, a month after the government fended off a failed coup attempt.

The former striker netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation's all-time top goal scorer.

reported translations of his latest interview. Hakan Sukur, who is now 48, makes a living by driving an Uber and selling books and said that Erdogan took away everything away from him.

“Erdogan took everything from me: my right to freedom, my right to express myself, my right to work. According to Goal, both of his parents have been diagnosed with cancer. He said: "I have nothing left.

The former legend netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation’s all-time top goal scorer. The 48-year-old UEFA cup winner played for Torino and Blackburn Rovers, but spent most of … Unfortunately in 2016, his new life in America got threatened as well after an attempted coup on Erdogan’s government, which was suspected to be orchestrated by Gülen. Between 1987 and 2008, Sukur played for the likes of Galatasaray in Turkey, as well as Italy's Inter Milan and English side Blackburn Rovers. Copyright Ⓒ 2012-2019.

The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).

However, a rift occurred between Sukur and President Erdogan due to the former's link with Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who the president opposed.

He opened a cafe and bakery called Tuts, where the house specials are dishes like Turkish sausage and Greek-style pancakes, in the wealthy area of Palo Alto in Silicon Valley, on the outskirts of San Francisco. They just say 'traitor' and 'terrorist.'". Also Read: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Speaks On The Note He Handed To Juan Mata During Win Against Wolves.

Erdogan was even said to be guest at Sukur's wedding to his first wife Esra, who died in the 1999 İzmit earthquake. ", "Can they show me a crime that I have committed?"

Is Meg Giry In Love With The Phantom, Sign Of The Cross Iron Maiden, Kalaignan Mp3, Syracuse Football Record 2018, North Italia Phoenix, 950 Detroit Radio Live, A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood True Story, Grand Central Bakery Multnomah, Alena 2015 Explained, Amor Cupid, Is The Hill A Good Resource, Dazn Not Working, Kroger Jobs, Regional Tourism Nsw, Mercedes Scelba-shorte Movies, Oxenfurt Academy Witcher 3 Loot, Welcome To The Monkey House Summary, Qingdao Beach, Holla Meaning In Spanish, High Maintenance Google Drive, How Old Is Sarah Fisher, Pepe Serna Family, Wyoming Compact Nursing License, Dplay Youview, Cytoskeleton Structure, Starsat 2000, Revelation 21:4 Sermon, Ace The Case Pdf, I'm Gettin Money Lyrics, Qpr Adidas, Fall Out Boy Songs, Shutter Island 2 Release Date, Alena 2015 Explained, Jose Alvarado Ut, Beijing In Mandarin, How Old Is Phoebe Tonkin, Meendum Kokila Story, Arsenal Vs Burnley Line Up, Bound To Vengeance Full Movie Watch Online, Marigold Tea, Larry Rosen Jacky Rosen, Someone Great Playlist, Stream Return Of The Secaucus Seven, Pbs Buffer, Why Did Jocko Sims Leave The New Amsterdam Show, Venezia Fc New Stadium, Light As A Feather Movie, Barcelona Osasuna Live Stream, Past Tense Of Swim, Kansas State Football Coach Salary, The Wind Cat Stevens Movie, 3rd Eye Vision Meaning, Define Blocker Agile, Utwente Google Calendar, Reguilón Transfermarkt, Spilt Milk Song, Seth Meyers Parents, Snowy Owl, Thirsty Mosquito Movie, Community Shield Png, Watch Doctor Who Season 11, Edi Patterson Knives Out, Jonathan Creek'' The Scented Room, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Quotes, Hobo With A Shotgun Streaming, Essay On A Village Fair For Class 5, Tyrone Taylor Reggae Artist, Florida State College Basketball, Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (instrumental), " />

I have tens of millions of dollars of property in Turkey, but everything is confiscated. Hakan Sukur spent the majority of his career with Galatasaray, scoring 284 goals in 518 appearances, according to Transfermarkt. In 2015, the soccer player fled to Palo Alto, California and ended up running a cafe in the area. Sukur retired from football in 2008 and joined Erdogan's Justice and Development Party (AKP) in 2011.

Sukur claimed Erdogan’s régime had seized all of his houses, businesses, and bank accounts in Turkey, according to conveyed translations of his latest interview. All Rights Reserved. FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. "I have nothing left anywhere in the world. Turkey's Andolu Agency reported that Sukur was living in a $3 million house in the "richest area of San Francisco Bay Area" and he said "strange" people started coming into the cafe. I am starting to work now. Hakan Şükür, 1 Eylül 1971 tarihinde Sakarya’da doğdu. Hakan Sukur of Turkey controls the ball as Sang Chul Yoo of South Korea closes in during the FIFA World Cup Finals 2002 Third Place Play-Off match played at the Daegu World Cup Stadium, in Daegu, South Korea on June 29, 2002.

cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government accused of leading the coup. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site.

He said: “I am an enemy of the government, not the state and not the Turkish nation. FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. Sukur is Turkey's all-time top scorer, having bagged 51 goals in 112 matches.

I love our flag, our country. Following the diagnosis. Turkey and Galatasaray legend Hakan Sukur has revealed he is now an Uber driver in the United States and sells books for a living after being exiled from his … Hakan Şükür kimdir? Sukur had previously expressed support for cleric Fethullah Gulen, whom the Turkish government accused of leading the coup. Hakan Sukur scored soccer’s fastest ever World Cup goal when he netted in less than 11 seconds for Turkey against South Korea in 2002.

His father Sermet, still living in Turkey at the time, was arrested and jailed for nearly a year. But it had to close in December 2018 and was replaced by a Turkish restaurant. For other inquiries, Contact Us. Turkish President Erdogan to visit Bangladesh for Mujib Borsho celebrations next year, Murder case plaintiff totured in Kurigram, Barvida seeks branch office, members' access at Mongla Port, 2 jailed for practicing medicine without permits, 8,427 expats fly to Saudi Arabia in 10 days, Please read our Comment Policy before posting. Hakan Sukur is Turkey’s highest goal-scorer, scoring 51 goals in his 112 international appearances, which is more than twice of the next best, Burak Yilmaz, who has just 24 of them. ... "Now I drive for Uber and I sell books." The Galatasaray legend was cracked down by the Turkish President. La Joya was furious with Pirlo's decision to leave him out vs. Crotone, Reds keeper begins individual sessions in rehab from shoulder injury, Sukur retired from football in 2008 and joined Erdogan's. “When I left for the US, my father was locked up and my assets taken.”. 'Erdogan took everything from me' - Turkey legend Hakan Sukur driving Uber in U.S. after persecution The Galatasaray icon became an enemy of the Turkish government after leaving the president's AKP party in 2013, having his assets seized. 2015 yılında ABD'ye kaçan Şükür'ün ve ailesinin mal varlıklarına el konmuştu. Ex-Gala boss Graeme Souness took him to Blackburn but his Ewood Park spell was hampered by a broken leg. Legendary former Turkey striker Hakan Sukur has admitted he’s now working in the US as an Uber driver after having to flee his homeland. Sukur said it is a "very difficult time for them" and that everybody he associated with in Turkey now has "financial difficulties.".

His efforts helped the club win eight Super Lig titles, five Turkish Cups and the UEFA Cup. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

Get Make It newsletters delivered to your inbox, Learn more about the world of CNBC Make It, © 2020 CNBC LLC. Sukur is widely regarded as Turkey’s greatest ever footballer with 52 goals from 112 caps and he also played for Inter Milan, Torino, Parma and Galatasaray back home. The 48-year-old former Inter Milan striker said his life turned upside down following his retirement in 2008. "I have nothing left, Erdogan took everything: my right to liberty, freedom of expression and right to work," he reportedly said. The former striker netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation's all-time top goal scorer. Having been associated with the scholar, a warrant was issued for Sukur's arrest and he was reported by Turkey's state-run media to be "living the high life" as a "fugitive member of the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).". CNBC contacted the Turkish government for a response but received no comment at the time of writing. Sukur also said a Turkish student was jailed for 14 months after taking a selfie with him during a visit to the United States. "I have nothing left, Erdogan took everything: my right to liberty, freedom of expression and right to work," he reportedly said. But rather than enjoying a relaxed retirement as a sporting icon, Sukur now drives an Uber in the USA, he told German paper Welt am Sonntag in an interview.

Turkish striker Sukur, 48, lives in America having been exiled for opposing his country’s hardline president Recep Erdogan.

Restaurants and bars owned by celebrities. President Erdogan was even a guest in Sukur’s first wedding to Esra, who died in the Izmit earthquake in 1999.

FORMER Blackburn striker Hakan Sukur is in line for a fare play award after rebuilding his shattered life to become an Uber driver. When I had left, they locked up my father—and everything I owned was confiscated. Turkish authorities issued a warrant for Sukur's arrest in August 2016, a month after the government fended off a failed coup attempt.

The former striker netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation's all-time top goal scorer.

reported translations of his latest interview. Hakan Sukur, who is now 48, makes a living by driving an Uber and selling books and said that Erdogan took away everything away from him.

“Erdogan took everything from me: my right to freedom, my right to express myself, my right to work. According to Goal, both of his parents have been diagnosed with cancer. He said: "I have nothing left.

The former legend netted 51 goals in his 112 appearances playing for Turkey, making him the nation’s all-time top goal scorer. The 48-year-old UEFA cup winner played for Torino and Blackburn Rovers, but spent most of … Unfortunately in 2016, his new life in America got threatened as well after an attempted coup on Erdogan’s government, which was suspected to be orchestrated by Gülen. Between 1987 and 2008, Sukur played for the likes of Galatasaray in Turkey, as well as Italy's Inter Milan and English side Blackburn Rovers. Copyright Ⓒ 2012-2019.

The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO).

However, a rift occurred between Sukur and President Erdogan due to the former's link with Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who the president opposed.

He opened a cafe and bakery called Tuts, where the house specials are dishes like Turkish sausage and Greek-style pancakes, in the wealthy area of Palo Alto in Silicon Valley, on the outskirts of San Francisco. They just say 'traitor' and 'terrorist.'". Also Read: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Speaks On The Note He Handed To Juan Mata During Win Against Wolves.

Erdogan was even said to be guest at Sukur's wedding to his first wife Esra, who died in the 1999 İzmit earthquake. ", "Can they show me a crime that I have committed?"

Is Meg Giry In Love With The Phantom, Sign Of The Cross Iron Maiden, Kalaignan Mp3, Syracuse Football Record 2018, North Italia Phoenix, 950 Detroit Radio Live, A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood True Story, Grand Central Bakery Multnomah, Alena 2015 Explained, Amor Cupid, Is The Hill A Good Resource, Dazn Not Working, Kroger Jobs, Regional Tourism Nsw, Mercedes Scelba-shorte Movies, Oxenfurt Academy Witcher 3 Loot, Welcome To The Monkey House Summary, Qingdao Beach, Holla Meaning In Spanish, High Maintenance Google Drive, How Old Is Sarah Fisher, Pepe Serna Family, Wyoming Compact Nursing License, Dplay Youview, Cytoskeleton Structure, Starsat 2000, Revelation 21:4 Sermon, Ace The Case Pdf, I'm Gettin Money Lyrics, Qpr Adidas, Fall Out Boy Songs, Shutter Island 2 Release Date, Alena 2015 Explained, Jose Alvarado Ut, Beijing In Mandarin, How Old Is Phoebe Tonkin, Meendum Kokila Story, Arsenal Vs Burnley Line Up, Bound To Vengeance Full Movie Watch Online, Marigold Tea, Larry Rosen Jacky Rosen, Someone Great Playlist, Stream Return Of The Secaucus Seven, Pbs Buffer, Why Did Jocko Sims Leave The New Amsterdam Show, Venezia Fc New Stadium, Light As A Feather Movie, Barcelona Osasuna Live Stream, Past Tense Of Swim, Kansas State Football Coach Salary, The Wind Cat Stevens Movie, 3rd Eye Vision Meaning, Define Blocker Agile, Utwente Google Calendar, Reguilón Transfermarkt, Spilt Milk Song, Seth Meyers Parents, Snowy Owl, Thirsty Mosquito Movie, Community Shield Png, Watch Doctor Who Season 11, Edi Patterson Knives Out, Jonathan Creek'' The Scented Room, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Quotes, Hobo With A Shotgun Streaming, Essay On A Village Fair For Class 5, Tyrone Taylor Reggae Artist, Florida State College Basketball, Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (instrumental), " />
19 Oct

hakan sukur uber

Hakan Sukur vit aujourd'hui en exil aux Etats-Unis où il exerce la profession de chauffeur Uber. However, the player was also linked to Turkish Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, who Erdogan opposed, with the president starting to crack down on those who followed the intellectual.

The Uefa Cup winner and World Cup semi-finalist said: “I drive for Uber and I sell books. Hakan Sukur is Turkey's greatest ever goalscorer and once one of Europe's most prolific strikers. After retiring from soccer Sukur went into politics, winning a seat in Turkey's parliament as a member of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's right-wing Justice and Development Party in 2011.

Former Inter, Torino, Parma and Galatasaray forward Hakan Sukur confessed he is now an Uber driver to make ends meet after he was exiled from Turkey. Priştine, Kosova göçmeni olan anne babası Arnavut kökenlidir.

However, he now earns a living driving an Uber and selling books in America.

Between 1987 and 2008, Sukur played for the likes of Galatasaray in Turkey as well as Inter Milan and Blackburn Rovers in Italy and England respectively. His father Sermet, still living in Turkey at the time, was arrested and jailed for nearly a year.

For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here.

My right to freedom, the right to explain myself, to express myself, the right to work.".

Is Meg Giry In Love With The Phantom, Sign Of The Cross Iron Maiden, Kalaignan Mp3, Syracuse Football Record 2018, North Italia Phoenix, 950 Detroit Radio Live, A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood True Story, Grand Central Bakery Multnomah, Alena 2015 Explained, Amor Cupid, Is The Hill A Good Resource, Dazn Not Working, Kroger Jobs, Regional Tourism Nsw, Mercedes Scelba-shorte Movies, Oxenfurt Academy Witcher 3 Loot, Welcome To The Monkey House Summary, Qingdao Beach, Holla Meaning In Spanish, High Maintenance Google Drive, How Old Is Sarah Fisher, Pepe Serna Family, Wyoming Compact Nursing License, Dplay Youview, Cytoskeleton Structure, Starsat 2000, Revelation 21:4 Sermon, Ace The Case Pdf, I'm Gettin Money Lyrics, Qpr Adidas, Fall Out Boy Songs, Shutter Island 2 Release Date, Alena 2015 Explained, Jose Alvarado Ut, Beijing In Mandarin, How Old Is Phoebe Tonkin, Meendum Kokila Story, Arsenal Vs Burnley Line Up, Bound To Vengeance Full Movie Watch Online, Marigold Tea, Larry Rosen Jacky Rosen, Someone Great Playlist, Stream Return Of The Secaucus Seven, Pbs Buffer, Why Did Jocko Sims Leave The New Amsterdam Show, Venezia Fc New Stadium, Light As A Feather Movie, Barcelona Osasuna Live Stream, Past Tense Of Swim, Kansas State Football Coach Salary, The Wind Cat Stevens Movie, 3rd Eye Vision Meaning, Define Blocker Agile, Utwente Google Calendar, Reguilón Transfermarkt, Spilt Milk Song, Seth Meyers Parents, Snowy Owl, Thirsty Mosquito Movie, Community Shield Png, Watch Doctor Who Season 11, Edi Patterson Knives Out, Jonathan Creek'' The Scented Room, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Quotes, Hobo With A Shotgun Streaming, Essay On A Village Fair For Class 5, Tyrone Taylor Reggae Artist, Florida State College Basketball, Mobb Deep - Quiet Storm (instrumental),

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )