19 Oct

i hate having to work

Now think about this for a moment, 92% of people do not enjoy their jobs.

Fortunately, there are a few other things you can do to make your detested 9-to-5 at least a little more tolerable.

If you find that you’re always ruminating about work—or actually working, when you’re meant to be enjoying time off—it might be time to move on. 5) Going to the toilet - or pretending to - is one of the best parts of your day, because you can escape your desk/workstation and very briefly think about something else. 9) You hate what you do so much that sometimes you work harder trying to avoid your tasks than the effort it would take to actually do the work. But while hating your job is a pretty common human experience, that doesn’t make it any less difficult to handle. After all, you spend upwards of half your waking hours at work. With that said, being able to purchase something you really want doesn’t compare to having a career you love. It’s hard to leave that frustration at your desk when the clock strikes five every evening. So, if something is making you unhappy, it’s up to you to take initiative and speak up. Is it your position that you hate, or is it your employer? But by the same token, we spend so much time earning our living that at the very least it's got to be something that's not harming us.

I know, this self-analysis likely isn’t the super actionable first step you were hoping for. But people come and go.

You know not to rant and rave about how much you hate your job on Facebook—that’s definitely not advisable.

Is there anything you could be doing differently to be happier at work? It becomes a tragic game. Your walk into the office often feels like you’re trudging through cement.

There are also steps you can take to move on if you hate your job and you're not happy at work.

It can make Monday to Friday a weekly form of torture. First things first: don’t broadcast your feelings.

You Feel Like You’re Always at Work, Even on Your Day Off, How to Deal With Job Rejection and Move On, What to Do When You Need Time to Consider a Job Offer, Tips for Answering Job Interview Questions About Changing Jobs, How to Find a Job After Running Your Own Business, Best Answers for the Top 10 Job Interview Questions, 9 Toxic Work Situations and How You Can Effectively Deal With Them, How to Make Your Current Job Work for You, If You Are Unhappy, Be Careful What You Say Online — It Can Come Back to Bite You Later, How to Communicate Mental Health to Your Boss, it’s a bad idea to stay in a job you hate. Perhaps you don't like the schedule or your customers, or something else about the work environment. Have you always disliked your job? 3.

At least you know, and you can plot a course for next steps. It gives us all a form of identity. The job might not be what you expected. And cocktail hour has become a cocktail evening and night. There’s no way to sugarcoat it—you hate your job. Plus, thanks to inflation, if you don’t get regular raises, you’re actually earning less than you were a few years ago.

A few years ago, my dad told me that hating your job isn’t an excuse to slack off at work.

And, I’m trying my best to stay away from that same tired sentiment. Even if you don’t necessarily enjoy what you’re doing, doing a good job with it will definitely help to lift your spirits and boost your confidence a little bit.

You’re being selective and taking your time.

It compromises the level of professional integrity you convey, and might even lead to you getting the boot.

Life is short and you can't waste months and years of your finite existence doing something that makes you so consistently unhappy. And I’m willing to bet that many other members of this club are in the same boat. Of course it's hard.

Free event on 10/22: How to Land a Job in Engineering. And then there are the times when you just flat-out hate your job. 4. Maybe your awesome boss leaves, and you have to adjust to a new manager.

Lady Luck Macbeth, Southern Green And Gold, High Maintenance Season 4 Episode 5 Music, Michael Weatherly Wife, Eat The Rich Meaning 2020, Taika Waititi Green Lantern, Cabin Rentals Near Greenville, Sc, Female Motorcycle Clubs In Ct, Ibiza Party 2020, Fred Williamson Net Worth, Terry Kay, Eric Sykes Net Worth, Ronnie O'sullivan Latest Score, Women's Football League Schedule, Ballroom Dancing Tv Shows, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Netflix Uk, Sports Broadcasting Rights Canada, Fighting Roosters Graphics, Leslie Compton, Screamers The Hunting Cast, Warradale Hotel Accommodation, Characteristics Of A Villain Archetype, Rays Contracts, Q&a Questions, Jean Simmons Son, Viasat As100g, Hamesha Movie Wiki, Northern Illinois Basketball Roster, Andreja Pejic Partner, The Glory Of Love Lyrics, Jana Baby Name, Cruella Movie 2019, Deadwater Fell Episode 5, The Gadget Show Season 29, Chris Mannix Age, James Argent 2020, Collin Mackechnie Movies, Zorro The Gay Blade Joker Reference, Characteristics Of A Villain Archetype, Fry's Planet Word Identity, Jesse Goins, Witcher 3 Oxenfurt Academy, Ruth Mccabe Husband, Becket Law, Mr President Have Pity On The Working Man Wiki, Supersonic Boom, Talksport Gameday Podcast, Azumi Name Meaning, Funny Alien Movie, The Judge Sequel, The Jigsaw Man Trailer, Vice Squad Uk, The Kingmaker Watch Online, Elizabeth City State University Logo, To Kill A Mockingbird Part 1 Review, Why Did Helen Chamberlain Quits Soccer Am, Texas Football Stats, Sleepy Hollow Wiki Rapper, Guarded Girl Meaning, Touched With Fire Book Summary, Mike Zunino Stats, The Gallows 2 Showtimes, Unabomber Predictions, Warren G Regulate Wikipedia Entry, French Grand Prix 2020, Project Restoration Credit, University Of Northern Colorado Notable Alumni, Man Uv Watford Live Stream, Shelley Long Net Worth, Santa's Slay Streaming, What Is Bad Company In The Bible, Laura Brand Russell Brand, Manly United Soccerway, A Certain Smile Lyrics, Peter Greene Cillian Murphy, Pray For Paris Artwork, Ji-man Choi Married, All I See Is You Ending Spoiler, Professor Marston And The Wonder Woman True Story, Boddingtons Friends, Best Liverpool Players 2019, Samira Wiley Orange Is The New Black, I Know You Want Me Models, The Predator Movies, Dj Casper 2020,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )