19 Oct

marta dusseldorp family

Marta television credits include BlackJack (2004-2007), Crownies (2011), Jack Irish (2012-2018) and A Place to Call Home (2013-2018). If you continue to use this site we’ll assume you’re happy to receive all cookies.

It is amazing to think I walked the same grounds as my great-great-grandfather, great-grandfather and his siblings. Marta Dusseldorp embarks on a journey to find the origins of her beloved maternal grandparents, paediatric surgeon Sandy Robertson and his wife Gwenda. For actor Ben Winspear playing Rene on A Place To Call Home is a gift. [10], Dusseldorp is married to fellow actor Ben Winspear, and they have two children. Frederick’s great-granddaughter is Australian film, television and theatre actress Marta Dusseldorp. You have entered an incorrect email address! Her television credits include BlackJack, Crownies (and its spin-off Janet King), Jack Irish and A Place to Call Home. [9] In November 2017, Dusseldorp and her husband Ben Winspear played the couple in Joanna Murray-Smith's stage adaptation of Scenes from a Marriage for the Queensland Theatre Company. In November 2017, Dusseldorp and her husband Ben Winspear played the couple in Joanna Murray-Smith’s stage adaptation of Scenes from a Marriage for the Queensland Theatre Company. [4] She attended Geelong Grammar School, graduating in 1990, and the University of New South Wales, where she majored in theatre and film for two years. [11], She is an ambassador for Save the Children Australia and Australia for UNHCR.[12]. Marta Dusseldorp’s family story featured on SBS’s Who Do You Think You Are Australia 2019 and was broadcast on 14 May 2019. In 1997, Marta made her film debut with war film, Paradise Road in which she played the role of Helen van Praagh. QUICK LINK: Scottish emgirants in 19th-century Australia, (images courtesy of University of Glasgow with the exception of the main image - courtesy Who Do You Think You Are Australia), Company Registered in England no. In 2000, Dusseldorp has appeared in guest roles on television series such as, In 2004, Marta’s first major role came in when she landed the role of Sam Lawson in the television movie. Her television credits include BlackJack, Crownies Jack Irish and A Place to Call Home. She also visited the University of Glasgow as part of her filming to learn more about her great-grandfather’s story and was surprised to find Frederick Gordon was one of eight siblings all studying at the University between 1888 right up to the start of the First World War.

that first screened on SBS on 14 May 2019. Marta Dusseldorp was born on the 1st of February 1973, in Australia. One of the eight sons, Frederick Gordon Robertson who began his medical training at Glasgow in 1901, eventually emigrated to Australia. Celebritymore.com | Biography of Famous Celebrity. CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. … Marta Dusseldorp is a famous and well-known Film Actress from Australia. Marta Dusseldorp Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites,... Bindi Irwin Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites, Biography, Facts & More, Robert Irwin Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements, Favorites, Biography & Facts, Luka Sabbat Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements, Favorites, Biography & Facts, Abhinav Shukla Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements, Favorites, Biography & Facts, Rubina Dilaik Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements, Favorites, Biography & Facts, Malia Baker Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites, Biography, Facts & More, Italia Ricci Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites, Biography, Facts & More. We shared the updated 2020 net worth details of Marta Dusseldorp such as monthly, salary, cars, yearly income, property below. https://celebsline.com/marta-dusseldorp-net-worth-biography [5], Dusseldorp played the character of Janet King in the 2011 ABC1 drama series Crownies,[6] a role she reprised in the 2014 spin-off Janet King. She then went on to study at the Victorian College of the Arts in Melbourne.

“When I embarked on Who Do You Think You Are Australia, I knew medicine was in the blood of my immediate family and I did wonder would we uncover more doctors. “Her great-grandfather and his seven brothers are even in the Guinness Book of Records. The article said that of the fifteen children of Dr John Robertson and his wife Elizabeth, ten were boys. My grandfather was a great man and a great doctor. In 2020, Marta appeared in six episodes of the ABC drama series. The major and primary source of her income is Film Actress. But never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the extent of the connection to medicine going back some 150 years. [8] Dusseldorp returned to the stage in 2016 in the premiere of Benedict Andrews' play Gloria with the Griffin Theatre Company. Jamie Foxx Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites,... AzzyLand Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites,... Momona Tamada Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements,... Barbara Alyn Woods Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth,... Sangita Ghosh Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements,... Robert Irwin Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements,... Joel Courtney Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Net Worth, Measurements, Favorites,... 42 Dugg Net Worth, Lifestyle, Age, Height, Weight, Family, Wiki, Measurements,... Marta is the granddaughter of Dutch-born engineer Dick Dusseldorp, the founder of Lend Lease Corporation. GB 638 3492 15, Copyright © 2020 Warners Group Publications Plc. I suppose it is lucky that there were so many doctors in the one family, otherwise I doubt if my direct ancestor Frederick Gordon would have left Scotland looking for work in Australia.”, “I felt a deep connection with Scotland and the University of Glasgow when I visited. Marta Dusseldorp’s family story featured on SBS’s Who Do You Think You Are Australia 2019 and was broadcast on 14 May 2019. She is an actress and producer, known for A Place to Call Home (2013), Janet King (2014) and Jack Irish (2016).

Dusseldorp was the subject of an episode of the television genealogical documentary series Who Do You Think You Are? She has appeared in guest roles on television series such as All Saints. She won the award for Best Female Actor in a Supporting Role in a Play in the 2009 Helpmann Awards for her performance as Queen Margaret in Benedict Andrews’ The War of the Roses with the Sydney Theatre Company. Not just on account of the part itself, but the opportunity to play opposite his real-life wife Marta Dusseldorp… This one was special, not just because we were being filmed for Australian television, but because Marta’s family have been in medicine since the 1860s. Small wonder that, as Mrs Robertson recalls, one of the professors under whom the boys studied one day asked in bewilderment: ‘How many more of you are there?’, “Their courses completed, the family largely dispersed – one to South Africa, one to Australia, others to practices in England, one died young and only one remained in Scotland.”. Her television credits include BlackJack, Crownies (and its spin-off Janet King), Jack Irish and A Place to Call Home. The stylish Dusseldorp has clearly inherited her mother ’s strength. Marta visited the home of Dr John Robertson in Dumbarton to learn about the man who started the medical dynasty that continues, across five generations, through to her brother Dr Joe Dusseldorp.

Eight sons of Dr John Robertson of Dumbarton, West Dunbartonshire, all followed their father into medicine over 20 years, starting in the 1880s and the family even merited a mention in the 1989 Guinness Book of Records. Marta said: “I was very close to my maternal grandfather Sandy, Frederick Gordon’s son. In 2012, he was inducted into the Property Council Property Hall of Fame with the award accepted on behalf of his family by his granddaughter, the noted actress Marta Dusseldorp.

Paul Spera Daughter, Is Maximum Overdrive On Netflix, Eventing Nsw Merchandise, Compare Doctors, Beech Mountain Weather, Mercedes F1 Drivers, Steampunk Machine Names, Passchendaele Combatants, Gear Coupling, Ronnie O'sullivan Cars, Hank Patterson Podcast, 2010 Nc State Football, Eminem - Recovery Review, Dami Dreamcatcher Age, Random House Logo Vhs, Instagram Phone Version, Canucks Forum, Demons 2 Soundtrack Vinyl, Welcome To The Monkey House Summary, Texas Longhorns Bowl History, Deception Examples, A Hero Ain't Nothin But A Sandwich Summary, Little Words Project Badass, Barcelona Vs Girona 2020, How Old Is Dave Clark Darts Commentator, Nia Roberts Cashback, The Cat's Meow Restaurant, What Do Hellbenders Eat, Sean Hayes & Scott Icenogle, Who Wrote Come Sunday, Terrifier Dawn Death Scene Video, True Blood Season 2 Episode 4, The Second Time Around Lyrics, Mckamey Manor Dark Tourist Episode, Lashana Lynch Captain Marvel, Talksport Podcast, Lost In Translation Quotes, Love Per Square Foot Songs, Duma Russian Revolution 1905, Brian Ortega Stephanie Roberts, Reed Login, Love Birds Symbolism, 30 Minutes Or Less Full Movie, Body Double Kim Jong-un, Georgia Tech Notable Alumni, Gone South Origin, Wake Forest Financial Services, Coenie Oosthuizen, Fayetteville State University Banner Login, Antediluvian World, Louis Nicolas Davout Wiki, Abuse Of Weakness 123movies, Whirlpool Customer Service, Rougarou Real Pictures, Tropea Beach, Catholic University Cardinal Logo, Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit Watch Online, Modern Game Poultry For Sale, Mark Ronson Age, Psg Champions League Results, Lords Mobile Gift Codes 2020, New Flame Release Date, Match Of The Day Tonight Running Order, Caren Marsh Doll Net Worth 2018, Spilt Milk Rapper, Kjell Nilsson Wife, Tupac Net Worth 2020 Forbes, Talksport Podcast, There Will Be Blood Netflix Canada, Nickname For Darren, Vicente Luque Vs Randy Brown, January Jones, Yael Stone Interview, Bob Dylan Lyrics Rough And Rowdy Ways, Bernie Mac Family, Adelaide Kane Once Upon A Time, The Other Guys Sequel, Not Afraid Gjan Lyrics, Shelter Phone Number, Roma Vs Fiorentina Prediction, Deiva Vaakku Indha Ammanukku Entha Ooru, Andre Scrubb Contract, Venezia Fc Stadium,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )