I remember being concerned about my friends feeling left out. [12], In addition to being the inspiration for the song, Sharona Alperin posed for the single's picture sleeve holding a copy of the Knack's debut album Get the Knack. Read Next: Slash Records Leader Bob Biggs Dies at 74; Label Brought Los Lobos, X, Violent Femmes to Fame, Brian Wilson Disavows Trump’s Beach Boys Benefit in California (EXCLUSIVE), Beastie Boys License a Song for an Ad for First Time Ever, for Joe Biden Spot Focused on Live Music Shutdown, ‘Avengers’ Cast Assembles for Joe Biden Fundraiser, ‘The Vow’: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack and Other Key Figures, ‘The Vow’: What the Finale’s Surprise Twist Means for Season 2, Bruce Willis Stars in Commercial for ‘Die Hard’ Car Batteries, Vishal Bhardwaj Sets up Agatha Christie Indian Film Franchise (EXCLUSIVE), Tom Petty’s Daughter, Adria, on the Excavation of ‘Wildflowers’: ‘It Feels the Closest to Who He Really Was’, ‘In the Heights’ Actor Doreen Montalvo Dies at 56, Kanye West Responds to Issa Rae’s ‘SNL’ Joke: ‘I’m Praying for Her and Her Family’, TV Ratings: Biden Wins Town Hall Duel With Trump, How Savannah Guthrie Helped Salvage NBC’s Risky Bet on Town Hall, Tony Awards 2020: Full List of Nominations, 'The Masked Singer' Reveals the Identity of Baby Alien, Pedro Pascal on Fame and ‘The Mandalorian’: ‘Can We Cut the S— and Talk About the Child?’, Maria Sharapova Nets Pastoral Santa Barbara Ranch, John Oliver on Trump’s Withdrawal from World Health Organization: ‘Worst Decision at the Worst Time’. "[70], Billboard described "Let Me Out" as "a teen anthem delivered at full throttle" and praised the song's "delightful" harmonies, "slapping" guitars and "perfectly tuned" drumming. How fast did the song take off?The first time I heard it, they were just showcasing it. [28], During the 2020 coronavirus pandemic band bassist Prescott Niles released a guitar solo instruction video, in response to the many parodies of the song which had appeared during the pandemic.[29]. Nary a day goes by without hearing it on the radio.

[30] The original version of the song, along with its music video, is featured on Lips: Party Classics on Xbox 360. © Copyright 2020 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. It was written by Fieger and Averre to fill the band's need for a strong opening track for concerts and later for their Get the Knack album. "[72] Author John Borack described the song as "a damn fine pop tune. And then before you knew it, three nights a week, three shows at times – the song was a hit. Little did I know just how exciting growing up as Sharona’s daughter would be. "[71] Ira Robbins and Michael Sandlin of Trouser Press described the song as "tight guitar pop. [5] Alperin went on to a successful career as a realtor in Los Angeles. [11] He also decided to incorporate a flam, in which two drum strokes are staggered, creating a fuller sound, which Gary considered to be crucial to the song's success. Whenever I hear the song, it takes me back to being six years old and the moment I realized I had to share my mom with the world. The album “Get the Knack” sold 500,000 copies in 13 days and “My Sharona” hit no.

This version was later updated for Rock Band 3 to support the Pro Guitar feature. My elementary school friends, their parents and I held up signs that read “This is Sharona!” when the band played the song. The album … Certainly it’s almost always on my mind because Sharona Alperin, on whom the song is based, is my mother, which technically means that she’s my Sharona. But, if anything at times I felt more isolated. Okay, my burning question: Who dressed you for the cover?Me! "[76], A 1979 live performance of "Let Me Out" from Carnegie Hall was included on the laser disc of Live at Carnegie Hall. You practically spend every moment with them, and the feelings they bring you today, are the same feelings they continue to bring me since I was a kid. I had to go, I had to be there, regardless of my age. We all watched the way The Beatles craze took over the world, and it was almost identical to that, especially in Japan.

It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart where it remained for six weeks, and was number one on Billboard's 1979 Top Pop Singles year-end chart. The cover art of the single "My Sharona" actually features Alperin posing in a revealing tank top and tight jeans. Now It’s Back and Better Than Ever. Fieger and Averre worked out the structure and melody of the song.

"[70] Drummer Bruce Gary felt that the words of "Let Me Out" helped make the song a perfect opener since the band wanted to "let out", and bassist Prescott Niles noted that, with the song, the band was all of a sudden "out of the box.

Now you can’t really say those things, but then he was basically saying he got hot for younger girls — specifically me. [4], When Doug Fieger was 25 years old, he met 17-year-old Sharona Alperin,[5] who inspired a two-month-long run of songwriting, as well as eventually becoming his girlfriend for the next four years. [34], ^shipments figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone, The B-side of the "My Sharona" single was "Let Me Out". [7], Fieger and Alperin were engaged at one point, but never married. I would think my profile would be a hit. Did you have any concerns about the song? When I was younger, I remember hating it because no one could pronounce it. L.A. was super fun.

“Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one… When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?”. The song blew up. "[17], The New York Times called the song "an emblem of the new wave era in rock and a prime example of the brevity of pop fame. I think the wildest memory continues to be driving back to work, and thinking to myself, “Did I really just hear a band perform a song with my name in it?! How do the lyrics like “I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind” make you feel? How’d you get in to all these places? [77] The song was included on their compilation album, Premium Gold Collection. But, as a young person in the city we used to have a lot of fun clubs to go to like the Starwood, Troubadour, The Whiskey, Club Lingerie, a number of clubs in the Valley, and more. [14] Superchunk and The Mountain Goats drummer Jon Wurster commented on the "full force" of Gary's drumming on "Let Me Out. I don’t know how I ever felt. But at the time, Nobody, few people, had been a teenager with a song written about them.

[20][21], In 1994, "My Sharona" re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart and peaked at number 91,[22] when it was released as part of the Reality Bites soundtrack album. And when that happened, it sparked something and I started writing a lot of songs feverishly in a short amount of time." Mom, when did you feel it was the right time to tell me about the song?

With the song’s 40th anniversary this August — exactly double my age — I decided to sit down with my forever-20-year-old-spirited mom and ask her the story of “My Sharona.”. How did you tell Grandma and Grandpa that there was a song about you?

Jill Hennessy Attorney-general, The Lie Joey King, Renegade Raider, Coalisland To Belfast, Tristan Meaning In Hebrew, Texas Tech Football Roster 2016, Public Domain Exploitation Films, Drunken Master Streaming, Discord Bible Definition, Entertainment Ki Raat Season 1 Full Episode, Where Was Kubrick's First Feature Film Fear And Desire Shot, Vanna Vanna Pookkal Starmusiq, Dance With Me Dance With Me All Night Long, Put On Righteousness Bible Verse, Green Beret Motto, Epic Cyprus Pay Online, Hunter Renfrow Fantasy Week 2, Are Credit Cards Unsecured Debt, Sean Penn Nicole Kidman Relationship, West Torrens Football Club Players, Ghetto Bird Film, Jon Seda Wife, Curtin Radio Facebook, Subbuteo America, Rod Payze, James Welsh Age, Witcher 3 Magic Lamp Locations, Stitches Synonym, " />

I remember being concerned about my friends feeling left out. [12], In addition to being the inspiration for the song, Sharona Alperin posed for the single's picture sleeve holding a copy of the Knack's debut album Get the Knack. Read Next: Slash Records Leader Bob Biggs Dies at 74; Label Brought Los Lobos, X, Violent Femmes to Fame, Brian Wilson Disavows Trump’s Beach Boys Benefit in California (EXCLUSIVE), Beastie Boys License a Song for an Ad for First Time Ever, for Joe Biden Spot Focused on Live Music Shutdown, ‘Avengers’ Cast Assembles for Joe Biden Fundraiser, ‘The Vow’: What Happened to Keith Raniere, Allison Mack and Other Key Figures, ‘The Vow’: What the Finale’s Surprise Twist Means for Season 2, Bruce Willis Stars in Commercial for ‘Die Hard’ Car Batteries, Vishal Bhardwaj Sets up Agatha Christie Indian Film Franchise (EXCLUSIVE), Tom Petty’s Daughter, Adria, on the Excavation of ‘Wildflowers’: ‘It Feels the Closest to Who He Really Was’, ‘In the Heights’ Actor Doreen Montalvo Dies at 56, Kanye West Responds to Issa Rae’s ‘SNL’ Joke: ‘I’m Praying for Her and Her Family’, TV Ratings: Biden Wins Town Hall Duel With Trump, How Savannah Guthrie Helped Salvage NBC’s Risky Bet on Town Hall, Tony Awards 2020: Full List of Nominations, 'The Masked Singer' Reveals the Identity of Baby Alien, Pedro Pascal on Fame and ‘The Mandalorian’: ‘Can We Cut the S— and Talk About the Child?’, Maria Sharapova Nets Pastoral Santa Barbara Ranch, John Oliver on Trump’s Withdrawal from World Health Organization: ‘Worst Decision at the Worst Time’. "[70], Billboard described "Let Me Out" as "a teen anthem delivered at full throttle" and praised the song's "delightful" harmonies, "slapping" guitars and "perfectly tuned" drumming. How fast did the song take off?The first time I heard it, they were just showcasing it. [28], During the 2020 coronavirus pandemic band bassist Prescott Niles released a guitar solo instruction video, in response to the many parodies of the song which had appeared during the pandemic.[29]. Nary a day goes by without hearing it on the radio.

[30] The original version of the song, along with its music video, is featured on Lips: Party Classics on Xbox 360. © Copyright 2020 Variety Media, LLC, a subsidiary of Penske Business Media, LLC. It was written by Fieger and Averre to fill the band's need for a strong opening track for concerts and later for their Get the Knack album. "[72] Author John Borack described the song as "a damn fine pop tune. And then before you knew it, three nights a week, three shows at times – the song was a hit. Little did I know just how exciting growing up as Sharona’s daughter would be. "[71] Ira Robbins and Michael Sandlin of Trouser Press described the song as "tight guitar pop. [5] Alperin went on to a successful career as a realtor in Los Angeles. [11] He also decided to incorporate a flam, in which two drum strokes are staggered, creating a fuller sound, which Gary considered to be crucial to the song's success. Whenever I hear the song, it takes me back to being six years old and the moment I realized I had to share my mom with the world. The album “Get the Knack” sold 500,000 copies in 13 days and “My Sharona” hit no.

This version was later updated for Rock Band 3 to support the Pro Guitar feature. My elementary school friends, their parents and I held up signs that read “This is Sharona!” when the band played the song. The album … Certainly it’s almost always on my mind because Sharona Alperin, on whom the song is based, is my mother, which technically means that she’s my Sharona. But, if anything at times I felt more isolated. Okay, my burning question: Who dressed you for the cover?Me! "[76], A 1979 live performance of "Let Me Out" from Carnegie Hall was included on the laser disc of Live at Carnegie Hall. You practically spend every moment with them, and the feelings they bring you today, are the same feelings they continue to bring me since I was a kid. I had to go, I had to be there, regardless of my age. We all watched the way The Beatles craze took over the world, and it was almost identical to that, especially in Japan.

It reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart where it remained for six weeks, and was number one on Billboard's 1979 Top Pop Singles year-end chart. The cover art of the single "My Sharona" actually features Alperin posing in a revealing tank top and tight jeans. Now It’s Back and Better Than Ever. Fieger and Averre worked out the structure and melody of the song.

"[70] Drummer Bruce Gary felt that the words of "Let Me Out" helped make the song a perfect opener since the band wanted to "let out", and bassist Prescott Niles noted that, with the song, the band was all of a sudden "out of the box.

Now you can’t really say those things, but then he was basically saying he got hot for younger girls — specifically me. [4], When Doug Fieger was 25 years old, he met 17-year-old Sharona Alperin,[5] who inspired a two-month-long run of songwriting, as well as eventually becoming his girlfriend for the next four years. [34], ^shipments figures based on certification alonesales+streaming figures based on certification alone, The B-side of the "My Sharona" single was "Let Me Out". [7], Fieger and Alperin were engaged at one point, but never married. I would think my profile would be a hit. Did you have any concerns about the song? When I was younger, I remember hating it because no one could pronounce it. L.A. was super fun.

“Ooh, my little pretty one, my pretty one… When you gonna give me some time, Sharona?”. The song blew up. "[17], The New York Times called the song "an emblem of the new wave era in rock and a prime example of the brevity of pop fame. I think the wildest memory continues to be driving back to work, and thinking to myself, “Did I really just hear a band perform a song with my name in it?! How do the lyrics like “I always get it up, for the touch of the younger kind” make you feel? How’d you get in to all these places? [77] The song was included on their compilation album, Premium Gold Collection. But, as a young person in the city we used to have a lot of fun clubs to go to like the Starwood, Troubadour, The Whiskey, Club Lingerie, a number of clubs in the Valley, and more. [14] Superchunk and The Mountain Goats drummer Jon Wurster commented on the "full force" of Gary's drumming on "Let Me Out. I don’t know how I ever felt. But at the time, Nobody, few people, had been a teenager with a song written about them.

[20][21], In 1994, "My Sharona" re-entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart and peaked at number 91,[22] when it was released as part of the Reality Bites soundtrack album. And when that happened, it sparked something and I started writing a lot of songs feverishly in a short amount of time." Mom, when did you feel it was the right time to tell me about the song?

With the song’s 40th anniversary this August — exactly double my age — I decided to sit down with my forever-20-year-old-spirited mom and ask her the story of “My Sharona.”. How did you tell Grandma and Grandpa that there was a song about you?

Jill Hennessy Attorney-general, The Lie Joey King, Renegade Raider, Coalisland To Belfast, Tristan Meaning In Hebrew, Texas Tech Football Roster 2016, Public Domain Exploitation Films, Drunken Master Streaming, Discord Bible Definition, Entertainment Ki Raat Season 1 Full Episode, Where Was Kubrick's First Feature Film Fear And Desire Shot, Vanna Vanna Pookkal Starmusiq, Dance With Me Dance With Me All Night Long, Put On Righteousness Bible Verse, Green Beret Motto, Epic Cyprus Pay Online, Hunter Renfrow Fantasy Week 2, Are Credit Cards Unsecured Debt, Sean Penn Nicole Kidman Relationship, West Torrens Football Club Players, Ghetto Bird Film, Jon Seda Wife, Curtin Radio Facebook, Subbuteo America, Rod Payze, James Welsh Age, Witcher 3 Magic Lamp Locations, Stitches Synonym, " />
19 Oct

my sharona album cover

Is this for real?” It’s a feeling I’ll never forget because I can’t even describe it. [27], "Girl U Want" by Devo, from the album Freedom of Choice, was allegedly inspired by "My Sharona", although Devo's Gerald Casale has denied this. "[13] Dick Nusser of Billboard remarked on the song's "catchy, deliberately awkward, stop-go drum and guitar breaks", its "quirky lyrics" and "suggestive tone", and that the song will "make you ready, willing and able to hum the refrain at the right moment. I would say I was super friendly with everyone. [26], In 2005, the song gained some attention when it appeared on the playlist of U.S. President George W. Bush's iPod. In video games, a cover of "My Sharona" is featured as downloadable content for the Rock Band series. [70] Averre has stated that the song is "absurdly fast. Averre was originally averse to using Alperin's name in the song, but Fieger wanted it to be a direct expression of his feelings; Averre ultimately relented. I was so in love with fashion and wanted to work in fashion. It was certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America, representing a million copies sold,[3] and was Capitol Records' fastest gold status debut single since the Beatles' "I Want to Hold Your Hand" in 1964. Were you focused on going to college?I was not part of the group that was fixated on college. It’s been in your life since birth, and as soon as you could understand it, you’ve known about it. [5], The song's stuttering vocal effect of the repeated "muh muh muh my Sharona" phrase is reminiscent of Roger Daltrey's vocals in the 1965 song "My Generation" by the Who.

Jill Hennessy Attorney-general, The Lie Joey King, Renegade Raider, Coalisland To Belfast, Tristan Meaning In Hebrew, Texas Tech Football Roster 2016, Public Domain Exploitation Films, Drunken Master Streaming, Discord Bible Definition, Entertainment Ki Raat Season 1 Full Episode, Where Was Kubrick's First Feature Film Fear And Desire Shot, Vanna Vanna Pookkal Starmusiq, Dance With Me Dance With Me All Night Long, Put On Righteousness Bible Verse, Green Beret Motto, Epic Cyprus Pay Online, Hunter Renfrow Fantasy Week 2, Are Credit Cards Unsecured Debt, Sean Penn Nicole Kidman Relationship, West Torrens Football Club Players, Ghetto Bird Film, Jon Seda Wife, Curtin Radio Facebook, Subbuteo America, Rod Payze, James Welsh Age, Witcher 3 Magic Lamp Locations, Stitches Synonym,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )