Click the button below and wait for a message from our Facebook bot in Messenger! Cast: Caitlin Gerard, Julia Goldani Telles, Ashley Zukerman, Miles Anderson, Dylan McTee Emma Tammi’s solo feature directorial debut The Wind begins with one of the most striking opening scenes I’ve seen all year, one that immediately digs its claws in and lets you feel the threat of this place you’re about to spend the next 90 minutes in. The Final Minutes of ‘The Vow’ Exposed the Docuseries as Exploitative Trash, Every Single Jason Kill in the ‘Friday the 13th’ Franchise Ranked, ‘American Horror Story’ Seasons Ranked, from Worst to Best. Auch in puncto Suspense zieht The Wind im Vergleich mit The VVitch den Kürzeren, allerdings gelingt es Emma Tammi, die spärlich eingesetzten Schocker sehr klug zu platzieren. I love a good slow burn horror movie as long as it is steeped heavily in great atmosphere an a constant sense of dread and this delivers completely on that. © Letterboxd Limited. Are they really alone there or is there, perhaps, an evil entity messing up with them and especially with Elisabeth? The setting is great and it captures some unsettling atmosphere, but the full blown horror elements come on strong in cheesy way that isn't liable to stick with you. I can handle the truth. Co-written and directed by Shujun Wei. It’s one of the the only horror westerns I’ve ever enjoyed because I usually don’t get much out of that particular sub-genre. At first reticent to reveal her own feelings on such beliefs Lizzy, influenced by a cycle…. Caitlin Gerard leads as Lizzy. This "demon of the prairie", as the film calls it, acts quite successfully because the place where the characters live is already completely isolated. "The Wind Rises" is a mild anti-war film (in an early scene, when Jiro beats up a school bully, his mother scolds him saying, "Fighting is never justified.

Absolute Beginners Netflix, Roberta Sawalha Photos, Scott Speedman Grey's Anatomy, Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night Online, 950 Detroit Radio Live, Tf1 Logo, Gasoline Song, Na Tum Jaano Na Hum Singer, Harriet Hicks British Author, Reinforced Concrete Design, Brian Tochi Height, Jingle All The Way 2 Full Movie 123movies, Your Honor (2020 Cast), Songs From 1980 To 1983, Monty Python Movies On Netflix, Janette And Aljaz Baby, Espn Schedule Nfl, La Grande Vadrouille Movie Online, Collingwood Logo, Drum Machine, Go Get Some Rosemary Budget, Welsh Rugby Memorabilia, Kappa Alpha Psi History, The Icebreaker True Story, Ill Will Rapper Nas, Back Then Examples, La Ciénaga'', Meaning, Texas Tech Basketball Roster 2020-2021, Karaj Tourism, Honeymoon For One Hallmark Cast, Gwent Skellige, Peta Credlin Podcast, Rowan Blanchard Net Worth, I Don't Wanna Leave William Mcdowell Chords, Bell Tv Guide, Bethan Geordie Shore Instagram, Elizabeth City State University Logo, Diego Sanchez, The Goods Netflix, Port Adelaide 2002, " />

Click the button below and wait for a message from our Facebook bot in Messenger! Cast: Caitlin Gerard, Julia Goldani Telles, Ashley Zukerman, Miles Anderson, Dylan McTee Emma Tammi’s solo feature directorial debut The Wind begins with one of the most striking opening scenes I’ve seen all year, one that immediately digs its claws in and lets you feel the threat of this place you’re about to spend the next 90 minutes in. The Final Minutes of ‘The Vow’ Exposed the Docuseries as Exploitative Trash, Every Single Jason Kill in the ‘Friday the 13th’ Franchise Ranked, ‘American Horror Story’ Seasons Ranked, from Worst to Best. Auch in puncto Suspense zieht The Wind im Vergleich mit The VVitch den Kürzeren, allerdings gelingt es Emma Tammi, die spärlich eingesetzten Schocker sehr klug zu platzieren. I love a good slow burn horror movie as long as it is steeped heavily in great atmosphere an a constant sense of dread and this delivers completely on that. © Letterboxd Limited. Are they really alone there or is there, perhaps, an evil entity messing up with them and especially with Elisabeth? The setting is great and it captures some unsettling atmosphere, but the full blown horror elements come on strong in cheesy way that isn't liable to stick with you. I can handle the truth. Co-written and directed by Shujun Wei. It’s one of the the only horror westerns I’ve ever enjoyed because I usually don’t get much out of that particular sub-genre. At first reticent to reveal her own feelings on such beliefs Lizzy, influenced by a cycle…. Caitlin Gerard leads as Lizzy. This "demon of the prairie", as the film calls it, acts quite successfully because the place where the characters live is already completely isolated. "The Wind Rises" is a mild anti-war film (in an early scene, when Jiro beats up a school bully, his mother scolds him saying, "Fighting is never justified.

Absolute Beginners Netflix, Roberta Sawalha Photos, Scott Speedman Grey's Anatomy, Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night Online, 950 Detroit Radio Live, Tf1 Logo, Gasoline Song, Na Tum Jaano Na Hum Singer, Harriet Hicks British Author, Reinforced Concrete Design, Brian Tochi Height, Jingle All The Way 2 Full Movie 123movies, Your Honor (2020 Cast), Songs From 1980 To 1983, Monty Python Movies On Netflix, Janette And Aljaz Baby, Espn Schedule Nfl, La Grande Vadrouille Movie Online, Collingwood Logo, Drum Machine, Go Get Some Rosemary Budget, Welsh Rugby Memorabilia, Kappa Alpha Psi History, The Icebreaker True Story, Ill Will Rapper Nas, Back Then Examples, La Ciénaga'', Meaning, Texas Tech Basketball Roster 2020-2021, Karaj Tourism, Honeymoon For One Hallmark Cast, Gwent Skellige, Peta Credlin Podcast, Rowan Blanchard Net Worth, I Don't Wanna Leave William Mcdowell Chords, Bell Tv Guide, Bethan Geordie Shore Instagram, Elizabeth City State University Logo, Diego Sanchez, The Goods Netflix, Port Adelaide 2002, " />
19 Oct

review film the wind

Elizabeth "Bitsie" Tulloch Joins the Arrowverse Crossover Special as Lois Lane, ‘White Boy Rick’: Matthew McConaughey and Director Yann Demange on the Importance…. Along the lines of Hagazusah, Gretel and Hansel, and The Witch. — Lizzy’s mind seems to be playing tricks on her. A pretty chilling horror-western based on true accounts of women losing their minds on the prairie. also at no point in the film did I ever believe that any of the wwwiiIiinnnddd! That's how a professional demon acts.First it isolates the weakest person, hides itself from the eyes of others and then carefully strikes the victim's feelings with terrifying lies and images that shatter her mind to the point of making her commit a crime. The opening sets a strong tone, and the overall feature is very confident. The Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF, stylized as tiff) is one of the largest publicly attended film festivals in the…, there is no ranking to these films. If you put aside the B-grade shocks, The Wind plays best when focusing on the hardship and loneliness of a woman like Lizzy, who's forced to fend for herself while her husband constantly rides off into the sunset. Production companies: Soapbox Films, Divide/Conquer In fact, the story is told through a…. There have been several female-driven Westerns before — Rancho Notorious, Forty Guns and the recent Meek’s Cutoff and Jane Got a Gun come to mind — but perhaps none that have concentrated so much on the helplessness and isolation of their heroine. At first, the music threw me off, because it didn't seem to fit with the time period. Also note that dead humans are featured as well. TWITTER It’s not just about pinpointing the evil and defeating it; we get to see how Lizzy chooses to manage her relationship with Isaac, when she opts to step up and take control, and also fall pray to the madness that comes from his lack of support and the present threat that’s right outside her door. Cinematographer Lyn Moncrief crafts some downright stunning visuals that beautifully capture both the quaint charm and danger of frontier living. Telles is another standout as Emma, which is mighty refreshing after the disastrous Slender Man. Everything feels believable: it isn't over the top, it isn't overly supernatural, there's a lot of questions, not all of which are answered. To break a mind, only scares will not work. About Our Ads The premise of a demon praying on the American frontier is strong, but The Wind misses the mark when it comes to “saying something” with its narrative. 5:13 AM PDT 9/15/2018 by Jordan Mintzer FACEBOOK; TWITTER; EMAIL ME; YOUTUBE; Hell on the range. FACEBOOK Rocky LaForge 18,801 films 2,274 59 Edit. Always torturing me! A femme-centric Western and supernatural horror flick all rolled into one log cabin in the middle of nowhere, The Wind marks an admirable if somewhat, er, overblown feature debut from screenwriter Teresa Sutherland and director Emma Tammi. Film data from TMDb. Starring Zhou You, Zheng Yingchen, and Wang Xiaomu. I think this is one of my fav October watches this year. If you’re eager for more Westerns, The Wind will no doubt satisfy the itch to experience a story set in a desolate place that requires one to work their land and clutch their rifle to survive. The Wind is a crossover between western and horror, this is one of those movies where you’d better go in knowing as little as possible about the plot, hence why this review will be spoiler-free. The Wind finds great success with atmosphere and sucking you into Lizzy’s nightmare, but by holding back certain story details, screenwriter Teresa Sutherland winds up leaving the viewer with less to think about when the film wraps up. Toronto Film Review: ‘Catch the Wind’ Sandrine Bonnaire plays a French textile worker who follows her outsourced job to Morocco in this social drama-cum-travelogue. What piqued my interest in the Wind is that it takes a well-explored subject area and injects it with a horror element.

Absolute Beginners Netflix, Roberta Sawalha Photos, Scott Speedman Grey's Anatomy, Dylan Dog: Dead Of Night Online, 950 Detroit Radio Live, Tf1 Logo, Gasoline Song, Na Tum Jaano Na Hum Singer, Harriet Hicks British Author, Reinforced Concrete Design, Brian Tochi Height, Jingle All The Way 2 Full Movie 123movies, Your Honor (2020 Cast), Songs From 1980 To 1983, Monty Python Movies On Netflix, Janette And Aljaz Baby, Espn Schedule Nfl, La Grande Vadrouille Movie Online, Collingwood Logo, Drum Machine, Go Get Some Rosemary Budget, Welsh Rugby Memorabilia, Kappa Alpha Psi History, The Icebreaker True Story, Ill Will Rapper Nas, Back Then Examples, La Ciénaga'', Meaning, Texas Tech Basketball Roster 2020-2021, Karaj Tourism, Honeymoon For One Hallmark Cast, Gwent Skellige, Peta Credlin Podcast, Rowan Blanchard Net Worth, I Don't Wanna Leave William Mcdowell Chords, Bell Tv Guide, Bethan Geordie Shore Instagram, Elizabeth City State University Logo, Diego Sanchez, The Goods Netflix, Port Adelaide 2002,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )