Springtrap And Deliah, Nicola Adams Net Worth, History Of Clowns In America, Allen Toussaint - Worldwide Lyrics, Thugz Mansion Meaning, Wish I Was Here Kickstarter, Carol Kane Husband, " /> Springtrap And Deliah, Nicola Adams Net Worth, History Of Clowns In America, Allen Toussaint - Worldwide Lyrics, Thugz Mansion Meaning, Wish I Was Here Kickstarter, Carol Kane Husband, " />
19 Oct

swing down sweet chariot stop and let me ride

The Bermuda Triangle? and let me ride. The good time on the mothership It's just me and the boys Stop and let me ride. Hit me, you gotta hit the band [Verse 5] It's just me and the boys Are you hip to Easter Island? Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride. Swing down, sweet chariot Hit me, you gotta hit the band With me, it's hip on the mothership groovin'. Gettin' down in 3D, light year groovin' When you hear seats rumble Well, all right Coming forth to carry you home [Chorus] Hit me, you gotta hit the band The good time on the mothership Swing down chariot, stop and let me ride Rock me Lord, rock me Lord calm and easy Well, I've got a … Are you hip? The track "Let Me Ride" on the Dr. Dre album The Chronic is heavily based on samples from this song. [Verse 4] Swing Down Chariot related Bible verses. It's just me and the boys Let me put on my sunglasses here Are you hip to Easter Island? Face it even your memory banks [1] That portion of "Mothership Connection" is, in turn, sampled by Dr. Dre in his Grammy Award-winning rap song, "Let Me Ride". Swing down, sweet chariot So I can see what I'm doing, When you hear seats rumble Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride. The track "Let Me Ride" on the Dr. Dre album The Chronic is heavily based on samples from this song. [Chorus] You will hear your conscience grumble [Bridge] It's just me and the boys [Verse 7] Hit me, you gotta hit the band Why don't you swing down sweet chariot, stop and let me ride Swing down chariot, stop and let me ride Oh rock me lord, rock me lord Calm and easy I've got a home on the other side [Verse 6] [Verse 8] Are you hip? Hit me, you gotta hit the band This version uses the same track from Mothership Connection but fades out at 3:08. The funk band, Rufus, did a version on their 1974 recording, Rags to Rufus, on ABC records. Comparative Poetics ( c.f. [Chorus] Gettin' down, hit it fellas, If you hear any noise You have overcome for I am here And come on up to the Mothership Hustle on over here So good, it's good to me "Swing Down Sweet Chariot" is a traditional spiritual song, a humorous variation of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". (Coming forth to carry you home), If you hear any noise I am the mothership connection The lyrics "Swing down, sweet chariot, stop and let me ride" quote the traditional spiritual "Swing Down, Chariot",[1] first popularized in the 1940s by The Golden Gate Quartet and later recorded by Elvis Presley among others (and not the better-known spiritual "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"). We have returned to claim the pyramids Why don't you swing down sweet chariot, stop and let me ride? The song's chorus is quoted in the funk song "Mothership Connection (Star Child)", released in 1975 by Parliament. Home of the p.funk, the bomb, If you hear any noise It's just me and the boys Lyrics to 'Swing Down, Chariot' by The Staple Singers. [3], Learn how and when to remove this template message, Connection between Scott Grooves, Daft Punk and Parliament on whosampledwho.com, 20th Century Masters – The Millennium Collection: The Best of Parliament, Tear The Roof Off The Sucker (Give Up The Funk), Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop), https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Mothership_Connection_(Star_Child)&oldid=982736883, Songs written by George Clinton (funk musician), Articles needing additional references from March 2010, All articles needing additional references, Pages using infobox song with unknown parameters, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 10 October 2020, at 00:54. Sing, fellas, If you hear any noise Copyright: Writer(s): George Clinton, George Worrell, William Collins, The 18 Greatest Revenge Songs of All Time, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS, NEW SONG: Rod Wave - POP SMOKE - "MOOD SWINGS" ft. Lil Tjay - LYRICS. Light years in time, ahead of our time All right, all right, starchild here Stop and let me ride "Mothership Connection (Star Child)" is a funk song by Parliament. We have returned to claim the pyramids Swing down, sweet chariot Have forgotten this funk I bring forth to you Hit me, you gotta hit the band Ain't nothing but a party, y'all, Face it even your memory banks Ain't nothing but a party, y'all The version of the song from The Trouble with Girls was reissued in the 2010 boxed set The Complete Elvis Presley Masters, but this time, it features an all-female group singing background vocals. [2], Learn how and when to remove this template message, Lyrics and tab for Swing Down Sweet Chariot, (Video) Swing Down Sweet Chariot sung by the Golden Gate Quartet, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Swing_Down_Sweet_Chariot&oldid=892068485, Articles needing additional references from June 2010, All articles needing additional references, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 12 April 2019, at 00:04. Hit the band All right, all right, starchild here, Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip Write a review/comment/correct the lyrics of Swing Down Chariot: The chariots of God are twenty thousand, even thousands upon thousands; The Lord is among them, `as in' Sinai, in the sanctuary. Starchild here, doin' it in 3D Loose booty, doin' the bump [Chorus] I am the mothership connection, Gettin' down in 3-d, light year groovin' The song introduces George Clinton's messianic alien alter ego Star Child for the first time (see P-Funk mythology). The Bermuda Triangle? It's just me and the boys Stop and let me ride "Swing Down Sweet Chariot" is a traditional spiritual song, a humorous variation of "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". Stop and let me ride. . Light years in time, ahead of our time (Doin' it in 3-b) Stop and let me ride, Are you hip to Easter Island? Well, all right Popularised by the Golden Gate Quartet in the 1940s, it was recorded by Elvis Presley for his 1960 album His Hand in Mine, and was re-recorded for his 1969 film The Trouble with Girls. Mothership connection You will hear your conscience grumble Doin' it in 3D Ain't nobody but me and the boys Mothership connection Glorious Unfolding - Steven Curtis Chapman, All My Hope - Passion + Crowder + Tauren Wells. Have forgotten this funk the essential treatise by Calvert Watkins, How to Kill a Dragon , 1995 ) teaches us that as phrases in a poetic tradition evolve, they can change syntactically / phonetically while semantics remain intact or change semantically while syntactic / phonetic structure remains intact. ", In 1990, bassist Stanley Clarke and keyboardist George Duke released an album entitled "3," which contained a cover of this song. I've got a home on the other side. And come on up to the Mothership It's just me and the boys So good, it's good to me [Verse 2] Swing low, sweet chariot The Bermuda Triangle? Hit me, you gotta hit the band Stop and let me ride Partying on the mothership It is included as a bonus track on the Mothership Connection CD. Free your mind and come fly Swing Down Chariot Lyrics by Gaither Vocal Band: Why don't you swing down (sweet) chariot. Swing down, sweet chariot Gaither Vocal Band lyrics for Swing Down Chariot. The song was titled simply "Star Child" on its single release, while the radio promo version was titled "Star Child (Mothership Connection)." So I can see what I'm doing Why don't you swing down (sweet) chariot Stop and let me ride Swing down chariot Stop and let me ride Rock me Lord, rock me Lord Calm and easy I've got a home on the other side, Swing, swing, swing, swing, swing, swing Well, well, well, Ezekiel went down in the middle of a field He saw and angel workin' on a chariot wheel He wasn't so particular 'bout the chariot wheel He just wanted to see how a chariot feel, Ezekiel wend down and he got on board Chariot went a bumpin' up and down the road Zeke wasn't so particular 'bout the bumpin' of that road He just wanted to lay down his heavy load. Buy Mp3, Download Lyrics, Watch Video. [Verse 3] Swing low, time to move on The music video for the Scott Grooves version hinted at the modernizing of the song by showing characters inspired by Clinton's Star Child mythology re-made in the visual style of the 1982 movie Tron.[2]. [Bridge], Mothership Connection (Star Child) Lyrics, Let Me Ride by Dr. Dre (Ft. Jewell, Ruben Cruz & Snoop Dogg), Let Me Ride (Remix) by Dr. Dre (Ft. Daz Dillinger, Jewell & Snoop Dogg), Escapism (Gettin' Free) by Digable Planets, Let Me Ride by Trick Daddy (Ft. Rick Ross), Mothership Reconnection by Scott grooves (Ft. Parliament), Bop Gun (One Nation) by Ice Cube (Ft. George Clinton), Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker). ... Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. The Bermuda Triangle? In 1998, Scott Grooves produced a remix version of this song under the title Mothership Reconnection, followed by yet another remix by Scott Grooves, Slam and Daft Punk. Hustle on over here, If you hear any noise Well, all right Ain't nothing but a party. All right, hear any noise Swing down chariot. You have overcome for I am here, Swing down, sweet chariot The Bermuda Triangle? [Chorus] The 1960 version featured backing vocals by The Jordanaires, and the re-recording featured the Mello Men on backing vocals. [Verse 1] Sing, fellas Rock me Lord, rock me Lord. . Stop and let me ride Well, all right, starchild Well, all right, Starchild . Citizens of the universe, recording angels Free your mind and come fly Hit me, you gotta hit the band, Starchild here, doin' it in 3-d Ain't nothing but a party, Starchild here, citizens of the universe Stop and let me ride Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride. [Verse 9] swing down (sweet) chariot stop . Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride [Verse 6] Are you hip to Easter Island? With me, it's hip on the mothership groovin' Swing low, swing low And let me ride Why don't you let me ride (I want to ride) Why don't you let me ride Ride, ride, ride, ride Well Ezekiel went out and he got on board (well, he got on board) The chariot went a rockin' right on down the road (down the road) He wasn't too particular 'bout the rocky road He just wanted to lay down his heavy load Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride It's just me and the boys Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip Well, all right Ain't nothing but a party [Chorus] Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride Swing down, sweet chariot Stop and let me ride [Verse 6] Are you hip to Easter Island? Like nobody but me and the boys If you hear any noise The song is featured in the enhanced editions soundtrack of the video game Grand Theft Auto V, appearing on the fictional in-game radio station Space 103.2 FM. Stop and let me ride The lyrics "Swing down, sweet chariot, stop and let me ride" quote the traditional spiritual "Swing Down, Chariot", first popularized in the 1940s by The Golden Gate Quartet and later recorded by Elvis Presley among others (and not the better-known spiritual "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot"). Swing down, sweet chariot Hit me, you gotta hit the band, Swing low, time to move on Home of the p. funk, the bomb On the album Live: P-Funk Earth Tour the song is split into two tracks, "Mothership Connection (Star Child)" and "Swing Down, Sweet Chariot. . The six band members: Murphy, Fischer, Khan, Stockert, Belfield, Ciner, are credited with composition. (Swing low, sweet chariot) I bring forth to you Hit the band, If you hear any noise Partying on the mothership Let me put on my sunglasses here . Swing Down Chariot lyrics: Why don't you swing down sweet chariot, stop and let me ride? All right, hear any noise

Springtrap And Deliah, Nicola Adams Net Worth, History Of Clowns In America, Allen Toussaint - Worldwide Lyrics, Thugz Mansion Meaning, Wish I Was Here Kickstarter, Carol Kane Husband,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )