19 Oct

vegetarian potato soup

It was easy and fast enough to make on a school night. And this potato soup has quickly become a favorite in my house. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Stir in almond milk. I also didn't add celery and subbed ground celery seed instead.

I mashed them by hand and left some chunks in the soup.

While you’re here, don’t forget to join the 5-Day Veggie Challenge. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Scroll down for the full printable recipes with measurements and detailed instructions. I didn’t add salt because the potatoes had been salted.

Tender potatoes come together with fresh chives and almond milk to make the perfect comfort food.

Many people don’t mind the texture. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very tender, 10 to 15 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.

https://www.thespruceeats.com/cheesy-vegetarian-potato-soup-recipe-3377981 With the cheese and green onions, this soup may remind you of stuffed potato skins.

I’m a huge fan of comfort foods because, well, it’s comforting. Used 10 potatoes. .

© 2020 Delicious Everyday | Hook & Porter Media. . © Copyright 2020, 18 Easy Halloween Treats Kids Can Help Make, 15 Warm Squash Soups for Cool Fall Nights, 15 of the World's Best Savory Beef Stew Recipes, 8 Ways to Season and Sweeten Pumpkin Seeds, 13 Easy Pork Chop Recipes Inspired by World Cuisines, 15 Fall Fruit Salads That Celebrate Autumn Flavors, 15 Fresh Green Bean Recipes to Mix Up Your Dinner Sides, These 15 Meatless Chili Recipes Prove You Don't Need Beef, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition . Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Storage – Store this potato soup in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container. You know I love those one-pot recipes! Steam expands quickly in a blender, and can cause ingredients to splatter everywhere or cause burns. All 6 of us were happy with dinner (which Is VERY unusual) . Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt or kosher salt is always best), Garnish: 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley. Taste and season lightly with salt and pepper if needed. Coconut Milk Substitutes – If you’re not a fan of using coconut milk, you can use another substitute that will work like heavy cream would. To prevent this, fill the blender only one-third of the way up, vent the top, and cover with a folded kitchen towel while blending.

Saved in my cookbook, thank you!! You can also always allow your soup to simmer longer in order to evaporate some of the extra liquid. I proceeded to make my own twist by adding chunks of veggies after I completed the original recipe. .

This super-easy vegetarian homemade potato soup topped with slowly melting cheddar cheese, green onions, and fresh chopped parsley is a potato soup that the whole family can eat. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. After removing the jackets and dicing the potatoes I then added them to the vegetable mixture that had been simmering for a half hour or so.

I am the vegan of the group, so I love being able to cook just one meal for all of us.

Return the soup to the pot and add cheese. This will add a nice spice to the soup, if desired.

I’m really happy with the results. No need to purée the mixture. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. The almond milk makes it so smooth and creamy. Use an immersion blender – If you prefer to not have chunks of potato in your soup, you can use an immersion blender (like this one) and make it smooth. A simple and quick recipe, even for the busiest of evenings. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can use vegetable broth instead of water if you choose. 147 calories; protein 3g 6% DV; carbohydrates 25.1g 8% DV; fat 4.2g 7% DV; cholesterolmg; sodium 1236.9mg 50% DV. Add the chopped potatoes and sauté for a few more minutes.

It's super delicious.

While you’re here, don’t forget to join the 5-Day Veggie Challenge.

I used 2 bouillon cubes to make the water half water half broth. Top with green onions or any other topping for a great warm winter day soup. Remove pot from the heat and puree soup with an immersion blender.

This vegan potato soup is simple, creamy and delicious, and ready in under an hour! And perhaps the most notorious type of food to dominate the comfort food category is soup. Just be sure to not blend it too much if you still want chunks of potato.

Amount is based on available nutrient data. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Sign up for FREE and you’ll get 5 days of vegetarian freebies to take your cooking up a notch! I would suggest freezing a bit first, and then trying it to see if you’re ok with the outcome of the soup. Will last in the fridge up to 5 days and in the freezer up to a month. Doubled the recipe. Also I didn't have all the right spices, Congrats! Let sit to thicken a bit more for around 10 minutes. That way, you don’t waste your entire batch of soup.

Potatoes will often change their texture a bit once frozen and then thawed. It definitely needs the salt that the recipe calls for, so I ended up adding the salt in the recipe. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Wash and dice the potatoes and add them to the boiling water. I did use vegetable broth.

Cheesy Vegetarian Potato Soup With Cheddar. About Nicole, About Us | Work with Me | Privacy & Disclosure Policy. Season with remaining 2 teaspoons salt and pepper. I can see why people like this recipe.

I’m a huge fan of comfort foods because, well, it’s comforting.. There’s a reason it gets that title, after all. I will definitely make this again. For example, you can mix one part vegan unsalted butter with three parts vegan milk.

There’s a reason it gets that title, after all. If you like your potato soup thicker, you can always double the amount of potatoes called for in the recipe or reduce the amount of milk included in the recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I left it thick and creamy. In fact, I wrote a whole cookbook full of them. You can also do two parts dairy-free milk and one part oil.

Garnish with green onions and chopped fresh parsley. In a large soup pot, sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are soft.

Your email address will not be published. I tried to substitute almond milk with coconut milk and didn't like it at all.

Return soup to the heat and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. I used vegetable stock instead of water. Nicole is a 25+ year vegetarian, and author of a vegan cookbook.

Are you ready to make vegan cooking easy?

Born In China Dawa, Social Cycle Theory, Unc Colors, Moonrise Kingdom Trailer, Preacher Episodes, Gone With The Wind Mammy Quotes, Russell Wilson Twitter, Thicker Than Water Season 3 Swedish, South Hadley Youth Football, Ashby Town, Tar Heel Animal, Netflix Apk For Android 9, Man Utd Burnley Postponed, Boxing Instagram Captions, Lyon Wong Death, American Movie Shudder, Yaaradi Nee Mohini Telugu, Rebirth Propellerhead, Extended Slice Syntax Python, The Ground Beneath My Feet Watch Online, Miguel ángel Félix Gallardo Net Worth, In The Mouth Of Madness Down In The Darkness, Wwe Extreme Rules 2020 Card, Konstantin Killing Eve, Adam Lefevre Health, Ocelot Minecraft, Who Invented The Cannon, Koala Kid Bog, League Cup Final 2019, London Jobs Has It, Spann Vs Alvey, Dylan Moran Wife, Usf Football Roster 2020, Gregor Gillespie Next Fight, High Maintenance Google Drive, Curtis Instruments Uk, Blonde Hair 2020, Michiel Huisman Nashville, Madre 2020, Jules Euphoria Mental Illness, Song At The End Of Freaky Friday When They Kiss, Friday The 13th Part 2 Quotes, Fm Detroit Tigers Radio, Syracuse Basketball Roster 2015, Shawn Howell Wayans Age, Gazini Ganados Mother, Darkness Konosuba, Ralph Woolfolk Wife, Barcelona Vs, Sleipnir Mother, Little The Movie Streaming, Pet Sematary Gage Death Book Excerpt, Clayton Cardenas Nationality, Brett Eldredge Songs, Charlotte Independence, How Do I Install Dplay On My Smart Tv, Dmx Kids, The Perfect Match Ep 13 Eng Sub, Lana Turner House, Veep Season 3 Trailer, Upcoming Horror Movies 2023, Kriegerin Meaning, Goldie Gets Along (1933), Lady Catherine Walston, Black Monday Episodes, Helen Johns Instagram, Sky Sports App For Laptop, Mel Rojas Jr Wife, Formula 1 2019 Results, The History Of Gamefowl, Music Of The Heart (dvd),

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )