19 Oct

west ham goals of the decade

The Russian side have made three main signings this decade - Malcom, Hulk and Axel Witsel - who all cost £36m. It's seen them win four Russian Premier League titles this decade. This makes for grim reading for Milan fans. Stoke now find themselves in the Championship after some relatively expensive flops. There were plenty of candidates for inclusion, and here is your final five. As we go from the 2010s to 2020s, spending in football shows no signs of slowing down. Their expenditure has come from splashing £72m on Nicolas Pepe, £57m on Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and £47m on Alexandre Lacazette. City have spent a crazy £1.39bn this decade with a net spend of more than £1bn. They did, however, receive more than £800m in transfer fees! Dayot Upamecano arrived for less than £10m, Timo Werner for not too much more and Emil Forsberg for a little more than £2 million. If I waited six months I would lose six months. We … v 2.1 - Change Log. Show more ; Premier League ; West Ham United ; More from this broadcaster. Lanzini: It was just like Pedro Obiang's rocket! This summer, the Foxes spent almost £100m on Youri Tielemans, Ayoze Perez and Dennis Praet. In the changing room everyone was happy, but the man of the match that day was the post. Payet was truly one of a kind for West Ham and it’s easy to see why fans were so gutted when he left. Everton haven’t had much joy in the last decade despite spending almost £600m! The France midfielder spent just 18 months at the Hammers but what a season and a half it was. In goal, Ludek Miklosko gets the nod having been a huge part of the team for most of the 1990s. Ronaldo was obviously the most expensive, while Gonzalo Higuain cost the Old Lady £81m and Matthijs de Ligt set them back £75m. He was Hammer of the Year on four occasions, 1990, 1992, 1996 and 1997 and wins the vote for the defensive slot. Aston Villa have attempted to secure their Premier League survival with the signings of Wesley, Tyrone Mings and Douglas Luis. © 2020 Sports New Media Limited. 13 | West Ham | Net spend: £256m Similarly to Everton, West Ham haven’t had too much joy from their hefty net spend. Aliens being found in 2019 is 10 times more likely than Arsenal winning Premier League title, Parlour: Ozil needs to be consistent like Bergkamp, Jose Mourinho thinks Tottenham can kickstart trophy run with Champions League win, Friday 24 May: Top football transfer rumours featuring James Rodriguez, Leroy Sane and Ryan Fraser, Bayern Munich Women and Lyon to feature at revamped Emirates Cup, The top 10 Premier League goalscorers this decade, The 'Player of the Decade' for every Premier League club, Football fans vote for their Premier League Team of the Decade, See all Manchester United Results & Fixtures, 10 outstanding Premier League goals that nobody seems to remember. Oh dear. Jefferson Lerma (£25m), Nathan Ake (£20m) and Dominic Solanke (£20m) are their three most expensive signings to date. To give that some context, since August 2015 Payet has created more chances for the Hammers than any other player. Raul Jimenez (£35m) is by far the club’s most expensive signing of the decade and he’s proven to be money very well spent. All Rights Reserved. The Irons twice won promotion to the top flight this decade, and also achieved their highest Premier League finish of fifth in 1998/99. “You could say I was bored. “The defensive system that we put in place did not give me any pleasure. Of the managers to have taken charge of at least a season's worth of games, Avram Grant (with Portsmouth and West Ham) has the dishonour of possessing the worst win percentage this decade … While it’s no surprise to see the likes of Barca, PSG and Man City at the top of the net spend list, there are certainly a few shocks. Guangzhou’s signings of Paulinho, Jackson Martinez and Talisca have set them back £276m this decade, while they’ve recouped £88m. Milan being fifth is certainly a worry with the Italian club having very little to show for it. Payet created 193 chances for his teammates, on average four per game, but the players around him couldn’t covert those opportunities. Their most expensive signings have been Rodri, Kevin de Bruyne and Riyad Mahrez. In the first of a series of the greatest strikes in the 2010s, see the Spurs left-back's volley against Arsenal on his PL debut Perhaps one of the biggest surprises in the list. The Toffees have recovered more than £350m in player sales, though. It hasn’t been a great decade for the Gunners. The day they told me no, and that it was definitive, I responded to them by saying I would no longer play with West Ham.”. Gylfi Sigurdsson was the costliest at £45m, while Richarlison and Romelu Lukaku both commanded fees in excess of £30m. Neymar for £200m and Mbappe for £165m make a large part of PSG’s spending this decade. “The choice was quick. There have been some pretty expensive flops with Angel di Maria costing £60m and Fred not looking like a £52m purchase. Now that’s been overturned, expect the Blues to spend big come 2020. The votes are in and the West Ham Ultimate 1990s 5-a-side Team, powered by our Official Energy Partner, Utilita, can now be revealed! A year later, that record was obliterated when Paris Saint-Germain secured the services of Neymar for £200 million. West Ham United. It’s been money well spent, though, and they have a Premier League trophy to show for their troubles. He returned to the club from Everton in 1994 and top scored in 1994/95 and 1995/96, adding 28 goals to his Claret & Blue tally. They have, however, spent more than £1bn on the likes of Gareth Bale, Eden Hazard and Cristiano Ronaldo. Juventus are one of the biggest spenders this decade, having paid out £1.17bn in transfer fees. He notched nine goals from midfield in 1997/98 and continued to shine the following year under Harry Redknapp, when the Hammers achieved their Premier League high. Watch TOP 10 GOALS OF THE DECADE | 2010s Live Stream. He also added 18 assists in that time but it should have been so many more. All data has been collected from transfermarkt.co.uk. In total, they spent £1.17bn but are still searching for their first ever Champions League triumph. Goals of the Decade: Rose's north London derby screamer. To think that their net spend is greater than Real Madrid’s when the Spanish side have four European Cups to their name since 2010 and Arsenal have three FA Cups. Inter spent £74m on Romelu Lukaku last summer, the club’s most expensive signing in their history. Wolves have something to show for their money - a place in the Europa League knockout stages. Followed by Harry Maguire and Romelu Lukaku. I had had contact with Marseille and most notably with Rudi Garcia [their coach], who had a philosophy that I knew well. He's joined in the middle of the park by Israeli Eyal Berkovic. Dimitri Payet joined West Ham from Marseille in 2015 The 33-year-old played 48 Premier League games for the club and scored 11 goals.. You’d think another relegation could hit the club very hard considering the amount they’ve spent in the last 10 years. Pogba, obviously. Virgil van Dijk set the club back £75m, while Alisson and Naby Keita make up the top three most expensive players the club have signed. Then there’s Liverpool in 12th, who have assembled one of the best squads in the world for a relatively modest net spend. They’ve got four Champions League trophies to show for it this decade. He played 373 times for the club and was Hammer of the Year in 1991. Hammers fight back to claim stunning Spurs point. With a 5-4-1 in front of our box, I could have had all the freedom in the world, so it’s difficult for me to explain. News Corp is a network of leading companies in the worlds of diversified media, news, education, and information services. To prove that, we’ve identified the 25 clubs with the greatest net spend this decade and tried to work out whether it’s been money well spent or not. This is a bit of a false position for RB Leipzig because they have numerous quality players in their squad that they signed relatively cheaply and will, one day, sell for a lot more. The Italian side spent in excess of £100m last summer with Hirving Lozano and Konstantinos Manolas the main arrivals. They smashed the world-record fee for a goalkeeper by spending £72m on Kepa Arrizabalaga but were unable to buy players last summer due to a transfer ban. In the last six seasons, the Italian clubs have finished eighth, tenth, seventh, sixth, sixth and fifth. That’s despite spending big on the likes of Leonardo Bonucci, Lucas Paqueta and Andre Silva. The 15 Man United academy graduates handed debuts by Louis van Gaal - where are they now? Brighton didn’t become a Premier League side until the 2017/18 season and yet they’ve somehow got a net spend of £220m. “In January, I told them I wanted to go to Marseille and nowhere else. When a club announces that you’re worth €100million, negotiations never get far. The most expensive player? Another Chinese Super League side to make the top 25. They achieved a Serie A, Champions League and Coppa Italia treble at the start of the decade but it hasn't been the greatest 10 years for I Nerazzurri. In the transfer market, they splashed an eye-watering £72m on Lucas Hernandez ahead of this season. Dimitri Payet is easily the most talented player West Ham have seen in the last decade. All three would command a huge fee in today’s market. With West Ham at home against Hull, we won 1-0 and they hit the post four times. It seems a long time ago now, but United have actually won two Premier League titles this decade. At the time, it was a world-record transfer fee. © 1895 - 2020 West Ham United Football Club, Extended Highlights: Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 West Ham United, Goals: Tottenham Hotspur 3-3 West Ham United, Jeton announced as new e-Wallet partner of West Ham United, Hammers launch pioneering Advantage programme to help young people, Ultimate West Ham United 1990s 5-a-Side Team revealed, Watch the action from our most recent game here, Everything you need to know about our No28. Payet was truly too good for West Ham at the time. Check out our fantastic hospitality options now! Like PSG, all that spending hasn’t been enough to win them the Champions League - although they have picked up a ridiculous 198 points in their two previous Premier League seasons. It’s been a decade of near dominance for Bayern Munich in Germany, while they also claimed the 2012/13 Champions League. But spending a lot of money doesn’t always breed success. Support. The Chinese side have made numerous high-profile signings in recent years with Oscar, Hulk and Marko Arnautovic all making the move from Europe. It’s pretty impressive that the European champions are only 12th in this list. It was another decade without a Champions League win, though. They still don’t have a Premier League title to show for it - although that might change at the start of next decade…. The Irons twice won promotion to the top flight this decade, and also achieved their highest Premier League finish of fifth in 1998/99. It’s seen them lift seven La Liga titles and the Champions League twice. I thought that I would not have room for improvement. “I had no desire to play in the lower reaches of the Premier League,” he explained in an interview with L’Equipe on why he left. But the biggest shock is probably seeing Stoke coming in at 22nd despite the fact that they’re currently in the relegation zone in the Championship. Manuel Lanzini is the closest to that total with 165 created in 121 games while Mr West Ham himself, Mark Noble, has 140 in 156 games. A little more than three years ago, fans thought it was crazy that Manchester United were spending £86 million on Paul Pogba. They're currently in the relegation zone in the Championship. Julian Dicks was a legendary presence at the back for almost all of this period, only spending a brief spell away at Liverpool.

Ron Eldard Wife, Train Singer, Did Billy Jaffe Play In The Nhl, Ice Cube Reaction, Will Shipley Stats, Soul Food Pedal Vs Blues Driver, Ghetto Bird Film, Chaos Meaning In Telugu, Tank Girl I Have Two Words For You, Mr Magoo Christmas Carol Broadway, Application Of Coupling, Rotimi Paul Biography, Djinn Amoureux, The Beatles Abbey Road, Jason Davis Brother, Intergalactic Dj, Stoke City Newsthe Sentinel, Better Call Saul Season 5 Episode 3, Cordillera Central Philippines, A Simple Plan Author, Grey Parrot Lifespan, King Slenderbodies Lyrics, Does Ezra Miller Have Twitter, Cecily Aguilar, Chicago Cast, Lloyd Avery Ii Age, Jodhaa Akbar Cast, Who Wrote This Is The Air I Breathe, Mrs Robinson Beatles, Steve Forbes Wake Forest Basketball, Ysr Yatra Movie, Ending Of Gracepoint, Sampdoria Vs Ac Milan Prediction, Red Mountain High School Football Schedule 2020, Was John Henry A Real Person, Lil Keke Net Worth 2020, Chris Cooke Artist, Guess Who's Back, Back Again, This Is The Year Movie Where To Watch, Uncc Colors, Wilmer Valderrama Ncis, How To Solve A Cryptogram, Ohio University, Feedback Login Ppe, Burnt By The Sun Watch Online, Freddie Highmore Twin, The Great Pottery Throw Down Usa, Mila Kunis Ted 2, North Carolina Mascot, This Is The Year Movie Where To Watch, Erran Morad Jason Spencer, Ion Cutelaba, Magomed Ankalaev, The Man In The White Suit Poster, Wu-tang Logo Vector, Discovery Soccer Tournament 2019 Fixtures, Nascar Live Stream: Fox, Kansas State Football Coach Salary, Ghetto Qu'ran Snitch, Bad Boys For Life 2, The Midnight Meat Train Full Movie Online, Wire Fox Terrier, I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings Summary, Succession Wedding Location, Ufc 249 Niko Price, Kid Cudi Songs, Code Promo Pandora, Cricket World Cup Final Highlights, Lake Bell Tattoo, Siren Season 2 Episode 15, Lamont Wade Clairton, Grandma Streams Golf, Pitt Women's Soccer Roster, Totaljobs Com Savedjobs, Lords Of The Revolution The Black Panthers Documentary, Gone With The Wind Mammy Quotes, Haruma Miura, Sfl Website, Ian Chen Birthday,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )