I Hate Having To Work, Opulent In A Sentence, Gordon Macdonald Actor, Gwent Old Friends, Top High School Football Players In Georgia 2021, Crazy Town 2020, Scooby-doo! And The Legend Of The Vampire Daphne, " /> I Hate Having To Work, Opulent In A Sentence, Gordon Macdonald Actor, Gwent Old Friends, Top High School Football Players In Georgia 2021, Crazy Town 2020, Scooby-doo! And The Legend Of The Vampire Daphne, " />
19 Oct

you're not you movie review

With a very predictable plot and nothing left to imagination I would rate this as a rather mediocre movie and am rather amazed by the high rating it has been getting, the only explanation I have is that it plays well on peoples sentiments and carries popular cast. ALS. Full Review | Original Score: 2.5/5 Endorsements. She takes on Bec (Emmy Rossum) as a carer who lacks experience as a carer, an unreliable college student who spends too much time in bars and has awful timekeeping.   |  Indiewire You're almost there! Michelle Wildgen (based on the book by), R Get the freshest reviews, news, and more delivered right to your inbox! Now Bec's has got no experience when dealing with ALS patients but this is what seems to draw Kate to Bec's looking after her, Bec's doesn't treat her like she is dying and that's exactly what Kate needs. | Rating: 2/4 Read full review I had trouble trying to figure out why Hilary Swank didn't get nominated for this. It sticks in the mind no longer than it takes you to change shirts after that ice bucket dunking. We've seen them before, but it's always more fulfilling to watch them in roles that truly stretch and show their true talent. The two women begin to bond into a real friendship, especially after Kate's marriage falls apart. Copyright © Fandango. Drama. The complete list of L.A. Times’ endorsements in the November 2020 election. Just leave us a message here and we will work on getting you verified. This is not a new premise, but it manages to create empathy in the audience through a great story about vulnerability and extreme dependence. So many moments and feelings in this movie so many tiers. A beautiful movie that will touch your heart. Despite the best efforts of its two talented female leads, You're Not You is not a consistently satisfying adaptation of its source material. Nicholas Sparks didn't write You're Not You, but he might as well have, given its familiar disease-of-the-week plot filled with scenic locations and gorgeous people. Jordan Roberts, ... amazing work.. these are special actors at their best, Tokyo International Film Festival Slates 'Everest,' 'Woman in Gold' and More for Special Screenings, 'Resident Evil 6': Ali Larter Returns as Claire Redfield, 'Babadook', 'Sullivan's Travels', 'Maps to the Stars' and More On DVD & Blu-ray This Week. You know where the story is going, and there are not any surprises.   |  We want to hear what you have to say but need to verify your account. Reflecting its wishy-washy title, "You're Not You" is the sort of movie that's not good enough to embrace, but not quite bad enough to dismiss. Let the odd-coupling, learning curves and emotional bonding begin. Watch this. I had watched a scary movie that wasn't very good, and chose this to see something different. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy You're Not You isn't entirely successful in avoiding a television movie-style predictability in its depiction of its central character's incapacitating illness. Here in "You're Not You," the progress of the neurologic disorder is gradual, so Swank brought us on a torturous tour of how it is like to have your body deteriorate even as your brain remains completely lucid. ALS is a disease of motor neurons, not due to a spinal cord injury. For an enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb app on your smartphone or tablet. She is a classical pianist with a loving husband. External Reviews This well-intentioned weepie never quite rises far enough above its movie-of-the week architecture to hit all its intended emotional pressure points. A life-changing bond develops between a woman (Hilary Swank) with ALS whose marriage is on the rocks and the brash collegian (Emmy Rossum) hired to be her assistant. Nicholas Sparks didn't write You're Not You, but he might as well have, given its familiar disease-of-the-week plot filled with scenic locations and gorgeous people. |. That aside the movie is tremendously emotional and full of heart. DiNovi Pictures, November 20, 2018 FAQ Enter Bec (Emmy Rossum), an unmade bed of a college student and aspiring rock singer. | Beck is dysfunctional, drunk, poor self esteem, as reflected in her sleeping around,drinking,inconsiderateness, always late,performance anxiety person, yet, suddenly changes into the opposite type person. Sign up here. | Rating: C Conversely, Kate’s simply drawn friendship with a fellow ALS sufferer (Loretta Devine, excellent) feels far more authentic. Great melodramas achieve the sublime by risking ridicule, something which You’re Not You does only once. |, October 10, 2014 Golden Age actress and singer Rhonda Fleming has died at 97.

I Hate Having To Work, Opulent In A Sentence, Gordon Macdonald Actor, Gwent Old Friends, Top High School Football Players In Georgia 2021, Crazy Town 2020, Scooby-doo! And The Legend Of The Vampire Daphne,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments ( 0 )